Curly Maple SongTower QWT's - SOLD

jsalk

Curly Maple SongTower QWT's - SOLD
« on: 9 Dec 2010, 08:31 pm »
In the August issue of The Absolute Sound, Dick Olsher wrote a review of the combination of an AVA UltraValve amplifier and the SongTowers.  We built a pair of SongTowers in curly maple for him for this review.

Here is a photo that is representative of the actual pair...

And a close-up...

That review pair of SongTowers was recently returned and is now available for immediate delivery.  We found a few finish imperfections (scratches and very small nicks) in the cabinets when the speakers were returned, so we completely re-finished them and new drivers were installed.  So they are in "like new" condition.

If you would like a pair of speakers that were featured in The Absolute Sound review (along with a printed copy of the actual review), just let us know.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2010, 01:03 am by jsalk »

PJam1995

Re: Curly Maple SongTower QWT's
« Reply #1 on: 9 Dec 2010, 10:04 pm »
I want them!! I will call you tonight around 6:30pm Eastern time. Do they have any upgrades?? I think I like the ribbon tweeter. I have been waiting for a pair of the Songtowers. If they are not sold already can they be mine? Thanks.

PJam1995

« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2010, 10:13 pm »
Merry Christmas to me!!!! Just purchased my first pair of Salk speakers!!!! Thank you!!!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2010, 10:17 pm »
Congrats!!!! :xmas:

PJam1995

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2010, 10:21 pm »
Thanks! Now thinking about a matching center speaker. Lol

divisionbell77

Re: Curly Maple SongTower QWT's - SOLD
« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2010, 03:45 am »
I have that exact finish, you will love them.

PJam1995

« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2010, 03:55 am »
I have that exact finish, you will love them.

Yep. Love the color. I can't wait to set them up. Jim said fed ex will be shipping them out tomorrow. I live in NC so my guess is they will be delivered early next week, unless we get bad weather(snow). I hope my Onkyo 606 will be powerful enough to make them sound good. I had a pretty basic amp/speaker before I upgraded with my Songtowers. Very excited! :thumb:

nicksgem10s

« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2010, 05:01 am »
You made a great decision.  I was able to listen to and see those speakers when I visited Jim prior to the review.

You bought some great speakers from one of the greatest people in the audio business.   :thumb:

Happy Holidays!

Enjoy what you have because you will probably want to upgrade the rest of your system to the level of the SongTower speakers.   8)

jsalk

« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2010, 11:46 am »

I hope my Onkyo 606 will be powerful enough to make them sound good. I had a pretty basic amp/speaker before I upgraded with my Songtowers. Very excited! :thumb:

I have two home theater set-ups - one larger dedicated projector-based set-up and the other in my family room where we do most of our TV watching.  In the latter room, I use an Onkyo 600 series receiver (I forget which model).  I feel no need to make a change (even though separates would sound even better).  You should be just fine.

- Jim

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2010, 01:03 pm »
Pjam1995!

Congratulations on the SongTowers!!

i am in Raleigh and mine are going on 2 yrs old in Feb.

Your going to really like these alot. I powered mine with an Onkyo 805 and its way more than enough to power these speakers. I also have a 30 watt per channel Ultravalve that also powers these in 2 ch stereo mode only. Still way more than enough!

Your really going to enjoy these

All the best
Alex
 :thumb:

PJam1995

« Reply #10 on: 11 Dec 2010, 04:32 am »
Alex, thanks for the comment. I am also from Raleigh, but moved to Asheville about 15 years ago. I go back to Garner/Raleigh often to visit family.   That amp sounds really good. That might be my next big purchase next year. Scott

robcentola

« Reply #11 on: 19 Sep 2013, 11:09 pm »
Ashevillan! Hey, just moved from there to Boone for work. Miss AVL! Hey, I want to get these speakers and I'm 99.9999% these are the ones. I want so badly to hear them. I got an email from Jim and I'm SOLD. Next week it's me and my Nova Pre/220 and these speakers! It's going to take a fire to get me out of the house!