Comments From Satisfied Customers of PROMITHEUS AUDIO

guest48077

Nick has been getting a lot of slack the past few years IMO. With his costumer service, late shipments, NO shipments, broken equipment etc.

Personally I am a totally satisfied costumer with NO complains, the wait time was not too bad and the product and service was great.

I order a DUAL MONO TVC. The communication before and after purchase was pretty good overall. E mails took a few days for a response but that was fine. I waited 2 months and my TVC to arrived in perfect condition. It was packed and shipped very very well. The TVC was in working order, no scratches...no issues. I am a HAPPY COSTUMER. i would buy from NICK AGAIN.

So lets give Nick and Promitheus the benefit of the doubt.

I want to hear from HAPPY, SATISFIED, WOULD BE REPEAT COSTUMERS, FIRST TIME COSTUMERS, OVER ALL GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH NICK AND HIS COMPANY. This may turn out to be an interesting and revealing experiment. 

romandoc

• http://romandoc.com/
Re: Comments From Satisfied Customers of PROMITHEUS AUDIO
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2010, 11:22 pm »
Nick has been getting a lot of slack the past few years IMO. With his costumer service, late shipments, NO shipments, broken equipment etc.

Personally I am a totally satisfied costumer with NO complains, the wait time was not too bad and the product and service was great.

I order a DUAL MONO TVC. The communication before and after purchase was pretty good overall. E mails took a few days for a response but that was fine. I waited 2 months and my TVC to arrived in perfect condition. It was packed and shipped very very well. The TVC was in working order, no scratches...no issues. I am a HAPPY COSTUMER. i would buy from NICK AGAIN.

So lets give Nick and Promitheus the benefit of the doubt.

I want to hear from HAPPY, SATISFIED, WOULD BE REPEAT COSTUMERS, FIRST TIME COSTUMERS, OVER ALL GOOD EXPERIENCE WITH NICK AND HIS COMPANY. This may turn out to be an interesting and revealing experiment.

Cool, then maybe you'd like to leave here your address and phone number too, for those folks who buy from Nick based on your endorsement and then end up being cheated, just so they can recover some of their losses. Easier from Canada than Malaysia!

Copperhead

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2010, 12:39 am »
Undertowogt,  I've twice registered my dissatisfaction with Nick's business practices and poor workmanship, and
both times you have immediately responded with how good your service was. Now you're opening a new thread
to defend him. Any vested interests you'd like to disclose? Or are you like romandoc says, prepared to assist
any unfortunate buyers you convince to purchase from Promitheus when they inevitably run into trouble?

guest48077

« Reply #3 on: 11 Jan 2010, 01:01 am »
WOW................................ Obviously a touchy subject. I do not mean to insult anyone here.

I am simply stating that I had a fine experience with Promitheus Audio. I am telling people that "I" would buy from Nick again based on my experience, not your experience.

I do not expect people to buy from Nick based on my posts. I am simply given them another opinion on Promitheus Audio.
I have been simple telling people that are interested in nicks product what I went through.

People are smart, they can make their own choices.
****** I have no relationship with Promitheus Audio *******

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jan 2010, 02:14 am »

I'm sure there was a time when there were many happy customers and few complaints, but it seems as if things have changed with time.  Could you put your experience into context as in how long ago was it that you made your purchase?

trebejo

« Reply #5 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:09 am »
I saw an ad by Nick on audiogon offering a TVC about six months ago. I paid for it on paypal and a couple of weeks later, it arrived from Malaysia to here (U.S.A.). The transaction was smooth, and he answered some pretty lengthy emails from me with equally lengthy replies. I got the clear impression that he gave a damn about the equipment that he was making, and that he knew what he was doing. Plainly put, a scientific question got a scientific answer every time.

Since I plugged it into my system, the TVC sounds wonderful, as far as I can tell. It functions as it should. It is holding down its place even as very eloquent alternatives have presented themselves, for twice its cost or somewhat less... but none less expensive.  :wink:

After the sale, my emails to Nick usually take a couple of days for a reply--perhaps the fact that they are not about purchasing some product, his priorities are first directed in that more urgent direction. Also, we are obviously in very different time zones.

The experiences of the folks that feel burned sound pretty nasty, no doubt. I would not want any part of such an experience, and I hope things are someday put to right as best they can be.

I have inspected the TVC several times under the hood. Each time I do so, the innards look great to me. The wiring is squeaky clean.

Oh well. I suppose the vicissitudes of fortune are more influential when one buys from Nick than from some other outfits. His prices cannot be seen as anything less than fair, I would say.

One should also take the other point of view into account. Some customers are real jerks (as if I needed to say it... OF COURSE I do not mean anyone posting here), and the worst part of it is that the ones that are NOT jerks usually end up paying the price for that.

Maybe there is another happy Promitheus customer somewhere that will feel like posting something, or maybe I will be among the last to do so.

I hope Nick finds a way out of these problems, for then more of his little wooden boxes will go to more happy homes.

guest48077

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jan 2010, 07:16 am »
I'm sure there was a time when there were many happy customers and few complaints, but it seems as if things have changed with time.  Could you put your experience into context as in how long ago was it that you made your purchase?

My purchase was made about about 1 years ago. I cant remember exactly

Nick did quote me and say it would take about 2 weeks for delivery. In the end it took 2 months. I really did expect a longer wait than quoted due to the comments on the forum. I have noticed the comments have been getting worse worse in the past 6 months or so. I would think Nick would have cleaned up his communication/timing issues by now. When I purchased ,this forum was still filled with complaints, but there were also satisfied costumers. I took a chance and knew I could be in for a long wait.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2010, 03:23 pm »
I purchased a TVC from Nick a couple of years ago.  The first shipment FedEx screwed up (many a time, royally), delivering it to who knows whom.  When it was tracked down and retrieved (FedEx trying to redeem), about 2 weeks later, the box had been opened and resealed, so I rejected it.  Within 2 weeks, Nick sent another new unit.  What's there to complain?  Absolutely none.  Nick has always been so gentlemanly when I e-mailed him, discussing anything technical, etc.....  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

guest48077

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jan 2010, 06:06 pm »
I purchased a TVC from Nick a couple of years ago.  The first shipment FedEx screwed up (many a time, royally), delivering it to who knows whom.  When it was tracked down and retrieved (FedEx trying to redeem), about 2 weeks later, the box had been opened and resealed, so I rejected it.  Within 2 weeks, Nick sent another new unit.  What's there to complain?  Absolutely none.  Nick has always been so gentlemanly when I e-mailed him, discussing anything technical, etc.....  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for the reply. Nick discussed technical issues with me over e mail as well.
I made this thread because I was a truly happy costomer, I was sick of seeing only Bad News about
Promitheus. There has to be more satisfied costumers out there?

vkaiwar

« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2010, 11:31 pm »
I've been buying from Nicholas since 2006: first a TVC, then a DAC and finally a custom-built transformer buffer for my tube headphones amp (Earmax).  I don't have anything to complain about.  His workmanship and the quality of his products have been impressive.  The Promitheus Audio transformer volume control replaced a resistor-based passive volume control and absolutely annihilated it.  Communications have been spotty at times, but that is to be expected.  And really, what do people want: a decent audio product or a bunch of email?

ottodiesel

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2010, 09:50 pm »

Cool, then maybe you'd like to leave here your address and phone number too, for those folks who buy from Nick based on your endorsement and then end up being cheated, just so they can recover some of their losses. Easier from Canada than Malaysia!
Hear, Hear. People need to be warned about PROMITHEUS AUDIOs way of conducting their business. What is the point of praise when many of the customers are being cheated?
Until this company has rectified their wrongdoings, they are not worthy of any praise.
Totally unprofessional behaviour... 

:nono:

guest48077

« Reply #11 on: 29 Jan 2010, 02:35 am »
I give up..................................... ......... :o .................seriously, I do.

Crusty

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jan 2010, 04:52 am »
I ordered the C-core TAP with silver RCAs and Mundorf Caps upgrade at the beginning of July 09.  Expecting a long wait time, I didn't email Nicholas until October.  About two weeks later, Nicholas responded and indicated he had some problems with the cores and had to get a fresh batch.  I emailed him again in November, and he responded about a week later that he was burning them in.  I was hoping to get it by Xmas, with several emails but no reply.  He emailed on January 14th, indicated he sent it via DHL.  It is now sitting at my nearest DHL warehouse.  I pick it up tomorrow.  Total time from order to delivery, a week over six months. 

Oscillate

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jan 2010, 04:54 am »
I am a satisfied customer of Promitheus Audio. Since April 1.2007,
I have ordered and received dual mono box reference TVCs, a Tube
Active Preamp, two custom RCA50 push/pull mono-block amps, two
1000VA balanced power supplies, a power energizer and a standard
DAC. The DAC was the last piece of equipment delivered -December
2009 (I have not listened to this DAC yet). In short, my entire tube
system is from Nicholas.

I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS regarding the build quality, value,
or sound of Promitheus Audio equipment. It sounds extremely musical and
is a pleasure to listen to. Through my own error, I caused a short in one
of the mono-block amps last year. I took both the amps to Peter McAlister
for inspection and repair. The repair was minor (a resistor only). I asked
Peter if he had listened to the amps? He replied that he had and that they
sounded "good". I also asked about the circuitry design of the amp itself?
He replied that it had some "original thinking". His opinions help reinforced
my belief that I had made quality purchases. A high compliment to Nicholas's
work.

Communication is 'hit or miss' ...but generally Ok and everything eventually
does get replied to. Build times and shipping/delivery is another story however :(
To their credit, the styrofoam and cardboard packaging is getting much, much
better. The DAC arrived quite professionally packaged.

Nicholas is an intelligent man. There is no doubt he knows about the communication
and delivery issues and what would be required to change/fix the business problems.

As for me... well, luckily, I have recieved ALL my ordered equipment. Due to life
changes, it is doubtful that I will be ordering more audio equipment from anyone for
years to come. However, until that time comes, I can turn on the Promitheus tube
audio system and truely enjoy the music.

My best wishes to you Nicholas in whatever you do.

-Oscillate

Gpj

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jan 2010, 07:51 pm »
Roman and Otto need to learn the value of the phrase "In my opinion".....in my opinion   :lol:

trebejo

« Reply #15 on: 30 Jan 2010, 08:21 pm »
Roman and Otto need to learn the value of the phrase "In my opinion".....in my opinion   :lol:

Now now, let's be fair and considerate. I am a fan of Nicholas and Promitheus but those folks that you mention are not simply stating opinions--they are relaying experiences that they have had where money went one way and nothing came back the other way. That's not just an opinion, that's testimony.

Precisely because I am very happy with my Promitheus preamp, and because I had such a good experience with this company, I hope that Nicholas will get in touch with these folks and make things right (or with this forum if there is more to the story).

It's complicated to run a company to do good things, and it's complicated to deal with unforeseen problems that come up as we go along. At least Promitheus has done the first of those complicated things; I hope they learn how to do the second one.

One piece of advice: timely emails can help a bunch.  :thumb: