Hypex NCore question and answers

cab

Re: Hypex NCore question and answers
« Reply #360 on: 7 Sep 2012, 01:39 am »
Let me say it a third time: nampon needs to be connected to ground in order to take the amp out of standby. If you don't ground nampon, the amp will be in standby and not play. Assuming you are using balanced mode, pin 4 goes to ground as well. Ask hypex. I don't know how to say it any clearer....Look at some of the build pictures in the show me your ncore thread....

mkcarnut

• Go get yourself some cheap sunglasses
« Reply #361 on: 7 Sep 2012, 09:07 am »
cab...thanks for your attempts to answer, and I am sorry you are frustrated that you have had to answer 3 times.  But, what you wrote was not (and still is not) clear to me.  I have indeed e-mails Hypex also...just awaiting their response.

If I get correctly what you are saying, you mean that J9 #1 goes to XLR #2, J9 #2 to XLR #3, J9 #3 to chassis, J9 #4 also to chassis.  Can cab or anyone else confirm that is correct?

And yes - I have look at pix on the build thread, but I cannot see any which are clear enough on this aspect to see this...none have enough zoom to see it, and if I make the image large enough there are not enough pixels to see it either.

Thanks for the help...

Mark

jmbulg

« Reply #362 on: 7 Sep 2012, 09:58 am »

If I get correctly what you are saying, you mean that J9 #1 goes to XLR #2, J9 #2 to XLR #3, J9 #3 to chassis, J9 #4 also to chassis.  Can cab or anyone else confirm that is correct?

Mark
Yes correct, but replace "chassis" by "ground" where ground is "XLR #1". Obviously most connect XLR# 1 also to chassis as per hypex documentation but it is not an obligation. Some connect the chassis to AC power earth for safety reasons.

As for nampon: hypex documentation clearly states "Pulling nAMPON low enables the amplifier as soon as all error conditions have been cleared for at least two seconds". So you need to connect it to ground if you wish to enable the amp. You can do it permanently or add a switch if you want to be able to turn off the power module alone.

audio-heaven

« Reply #363 on: 7 Sep 2012, 09:58 am »
cab...thanks for your attempts to answer, and I am sorry you are frustrated that you have had to answer 3 times.  But, what you wrote was not (and still is not) clear to me.  I have indeed e-mails Hypex also...just awaiting their response.

And yes - I have look at pix on the build thread, but I cannot see any which are clear enough on this aspect to see this...none have enough zoom to see it, and if I make the image large enough there are not enough pixels to see it either.

Thanks for the help...

You know the black signal input cable that you get with the Ncore? Well there is a seperate thin black wire coming out of the molex connector that is the Nampon wire, connect that to ground and you're ready to go.

mkcarnut

« Reply #364 on: 7 Sep 2012, 08:39 pm »
Thanks guys!  That makes sense now.  And, I got an answer back from Hypex also that really made it all very clear.  He also had not noticed that their drawing in their instructions is not correct...it shows no connection between J9 #3 and anything.  So, when answers here said I needed to connect something, that made me very confused.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Mark

mkcarnut

« Reply #365 on: 12 Sep 2012, 09:23 pm »
Another wiring question...for the power connections into the power supply (the power supply's J3 connector), the factory-supplied cables have a blue wire and a reddish-brown wire.  Which one is supposed to connect to the wall's +/hot side and which one to the -/neutral side?  I don't see anything in the instructions for that.

Thanks!

Mark

audio-heaven

« Reply #366 on: 12 Sep 2012, 09:36 pm »
Another wiring question...for the power connections into the power supply (the power supply's J3 connector), the factory-supplied cables have a blue wire and a reddish-brown wire.  Which one is supposed to connect to the wall's +/hot side and which one to the -/neutral side?  I don't see anything in the instructions for that.

Thanks!

Mark
The brown wire is live or hot and the blue is neutral, remember to twist them first :wink:

mkcarnut

« Reply #367 on: 13 Sep 2012, 03:09 am »
Thanks!  I'll have to put on some Chubby Checker as I do the wiring...

:D

Mark

Rclark

« Reply #368 on: 13 Sep 2012, 03:09 am »
 :thumb:

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #369 on: 6 Oct 2012, 02:27 pm »
  Are the OEM boards the exact same as the ones available to us ? If so what is different ? Thanks in advance.

charles

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #370 on: 6 Oct 2012, 02:36 pm »
  Are the OEM boards the exact same as the ones available to us ? If so what is different ? Thanks in advance.

charles

No.  Power output, SMPS.....many things are different. 

kimcbaker

Candidate case for NC400 build
« Reply #371 on: 5 Nov 2012, 09:52 pm »
Hi,

I've entered the fray and ordered the NC400's and associated power supplies.  All parts should be coming in by next week, however the lead time on the SiliconRay enclosures that many have been using is about 3 weeks.   :?

I found some tube amp chassis units that I think would work and they're immediately available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251170550045?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Any reason that I shouldn't try to use these?    Adequate cooling is a bit of a concern.

KC

EuroDriver

« Reply #372 on: 6 Nov 2012, 08:02 pm »
I have no cooling in my dual mono aluminium box, and its fine

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
Re: Candidate case for NC400 build
« Reply #373 on: 6 Nov 2012, 08:09 pm »
Hi,

I've entered the fray and ordered the NC400's and associated power supplies.  All parts should be coming in by next week, however the lead time on the SiliconRay enclosures that many have been using is about 3 weeks.   :?

I found some tube amp chassis units that I think would work and they're immediately available.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251170550045?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Any reason that I shouldn't try to use these?    Adequate cooling is a bit of a concern.

KC

The ebay chassis looks very nice. I would prefer it to the Silicon Ray enclosure, which I have for my Ncores. Perhaps the seller would drill some holes in the top and bottom for passive ventilation. That would probably do the trip.

kimcbaker

Re: Candidate case for NC400 build
« Reply #374 on: 7 Nov 2012, 06:10 am »
I've ordered the enclosures from eBay:  http://myworld.ebay.com/po1019/.  Thanks everyone for your input.

this_is_vv

« Reply #375 on: 8 Nov 2012, 01:24 am »
may be asked many times:

What is the current total cost of Ncores . If i have 3 way active system where would NCore sound the best (aka to tweeter ,mid or bass) . Also can some one recommend the best components to get.

May be these are asked before just asking...

V

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #376 on: 8 Nov 2012, 01:31 am »
may be asked many times:

What is the current total cost of Ncores . If i have 3 way active system where would NCore sound the best (aka to tweeter ,mid or bass) . Also can some one recommend the best components to get.

May be these are asked before just asking...

V

https://www.google.com/search?q=google+currency+converter&aq=1&oq=google+curen&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Full Range!   :green:

this_is_vv

« Reply #377 on: 8 Nov 2012, 02:13 am »
https://www.google.com/search?q=google+currency+converter&aq=1&oq=google+curen&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Full Range!   :green:

Actually meant to ask the other parts except ordering..like cases which RCA etc etc....not sure i was clear...just wanted to know how much to expect to spend as i need to save it before so asking how much to save  ecept the currency risk we have

V

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #378 on: 8 Nov 2012, 02:16 am »
Actually meant to ask the other parts except ordering..like cases which RCA etc etc....not sure i was clear...just wanted to know how much to expect to spend as i need to save it before so asking how much to save  ecept the currency risk we have

V
All depends on your build. 

this_is_vv

« Reply #379 on: 8 Nov 2012, 02:20 am »
All depends on your build.

and what about if using in active setup where to put it?..not sure but i am planning to use
dual smps with the Ncore module ....does that ans?

V