DeCapo-i vs Veena vs Virtuoso

artmaltman

DeCapo-i vs Veena vs Virtuoso
« on: 7 Nov 2006, 01:00 am »
Ok, who has compared these models?  What's the verdict? 

mitcho

Re: DeCapo-i vs Veena vs Virtuoso
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2007, 05:14 pm »
I have tried all three and bought the Virtuoso's.   They are a large step up from both the Veena and the De-capo i.   Well worth the money on the upgrade.   

Of the three, I found the Veena to be the least desireable.   Very direct/ highs a little too bright for my liking.   Possibly if you don't toe them in, the tweeter will not get you as much.   Bass was not as deep/ controlled as I would have liked in a floor stander.

I found the De-capo i to be in the middle.   Not as bright/ revealing as the Veena.  Bass was as good or better than the Veena.   Not as warm/ full as the Royal Virtuoso.   

I found the Virtuoso to be warmer,  fuller in sound.   Better bass than either the Veena or the De-capo i.   Excellent detail, yet not in your face.   Tweeters have to be on the outside, and you have very little or no toe- in.   Ends up being just on the warm side of neutral.    Imaging is as good as I have heard from a speaker.

On a short thread, I would not hesitate getting the Virtuoso.   Since most are now used, there is little difference in cost between the three.  So the Virtuoso is a bargain.