N3s

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
N3s
« on: 29 Nov 2018, 10:07 pm »
Kicked back in the living room chillin with the dog listening to some Steppenwolf, Three Dog Night, and Uriah Heep on the N3s & a sealed servo sub (12” driver and A370PEQ3 amp) with the bass a tad hot.

This is fun. Even though I can literally walk upstairs and listen to full range OB with stereo bass I still enjoy the N3s. Going on 5 years now and they are still keepers.

Amp is nothing fancy, a older Marantz SR-5007 AVR (it is mainly an HT system) music files are on an old Dell computer playing through a DODD DAC.

Mike

Phil A

Re: N3s
« Reply #1 on: 30 Nov 2018, 12:25 am »
Kicked back in the living room chillin with the dog listening to some Steppenwolf, Three Dog Night, and Uriah Heep on the N3s & a sealed servo sub (12” driver and A370PEQ3 amp) with the bass a tad hot.

This is fun. Even though I can literally walk upstairs and listen to full range OB with stereo bass I still enjoy the N3s. Going on 5 years now and they are still keepers.

Amp is nothing fancy, a older Marantz SR-5007 AVR (it is mainly an HT system) music files are on an old Dell computer playing through a DODD DAC.

Mike

I agree.  I have my N3s in my upstairs bonus room.  I have an old Marantz SR-6003 driving them.  I recently moved stuff around and moved a Windows 10 small fanless PC music server up there with my Teac UD-501 DAC and an iFi Tube Buffer (2) between the DAC and the receiver (with the gain at 20Hz on the iFi Buffer set to 6db) and it sounds really wonderful.

cementhead

« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2018, 05:36 pm »
I recently finished the N3s and have been listening to them for about a month and a half.They are very detailed, dynamic and image great. They do still seem bright, or a little too forward in the mids,say 2-10khz for me. I am still working on a few room tweaks to try to settle this down.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2018, 08:01 pm »
I recently finished the N3s and have been listening to them for about a month and a half.They are very detailed, dynamic and image great. They do still seem bright, or a little too forward in the mids,say 2-10khz for me. I am still working on a few room tweaks to try to settle this down.

That speaker shouldn't be bright in any way. I can't stand one that is bright in any way. And the mid-range is the 300Hz to 500Hz region.

If your room tweaks don't solve the problem then we can drop that upper range with a simple resistor change.

cementhead

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2018, 01:26 pm »
Thank you, Danny. I'll be in touch.