LS-100 Phono stage bypass question

Hikmer

LS-100 Phono stage bypass question
« on: 2 Aug 2020, 02:59 pm »
If one wanted to use only the Phono stage in the LS-100, would using the theater bypass function allow for this?  Wanted to verify before I audition some gear and do not have a separate phono stage.

GregC

Re: LS-100 Phono stage bypass question
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2020, 11:47 pm »
The LS 100 (with the optional phono board installed) allows you to hook up your turntable to the phono input so you can listen to records.  You run the output from the LS 100 to your amps.  You can use the other inputs on the LS 100 for other analog source components.  The LS 100 will be your source of 2 channel music.

The HT bypass allows you to take the Left/Right output from a HT processor and connect that to the HT bypass inputs.  Then if you select the HT source on the LS 100 the sound from the HT processor is passed directly through the LS 100 to the outputs without volume attenuation.  This allows you to use your LS 100 for 2 channel playback, and also select the HT bypass to use your HT processor.  That way you can share the speakers for either 2 channel listening in the LS 100 or HT use with the HT processor.

BTW - Dan is one of the good guys in audio if you decide to buy one of his preamps.

Hikmer

« Reply #2 on: 4 Aug 2020, 03:01 am »
Yes, I own the LS-100 just wondering if there is a way to use the phono stage with another preamp.  Just to audition other gear.

jtsnead

« Reply #3 on: 4 Aug 2020, 08:19 pm »
To use the preamp without gain adjustment you would use the "Tape" out for a fixed signal to your other preamp

Hikmer

« Reply #4 on: 4 Aug 2020, 09:21 pm »
Thanks thats what I was hoping.