BG NEO10 status

HAL

• Industry Contributor
BG NEO10 status
« on: 7 Oct 2019, 11:56 am »
Since we are interested in the BG NEO10 planars status from Parts-Express, just checked and latest update is now 10/30/19.  At first it was 9/26/19, so indeterminant as to when they will get stock from Christie Digital.

Danny has mentioned that he is working on a possible replacement, so figured I would start a thread for any updates along the way.

AKLegal

Re: BG NEO10 status
« Reply #1 on: 7 Oct 2019, 01:52 pm »
Actually I think this is at least the third time the date has been moved.  I distinctly remember seeing an early-August date while browsing the parts-express site in late July.  It seems like if the estimated date is reached without receiving new stock, parts express just haphazardly pushes the expected availability date back 20-30 days and then crosses their fingers.  Might not see any Neo 10s until next year or they might be in stock tomorrow. 

mkane

« Reply #2 on: 7 Oct 2019, 02:24 pm »
watching

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 7 Oct 2019, 03:14 pm »
At $370 each, I'd be surprised if there is a high demand.   :o
I'll be watching to see what Danny can do with his version. 

Nick77

« Reply #4 on: 7 Oct 2019, 04:04 pm »
At $370 each, I'd be surprised if there is a high demand.   :o
I'll be watching to see what Danny can do with his version.
It would be nice to know a little more about time frame on GR version. I am getting really impatient with Neo 10 speaker designs. Looking at other options.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 7 Oct 2019, 04:14 pm »
It would be nice to know a little more about time frame on GR version. I am getting really impatient with Neo 10 speaker designs. Looking at other options.
Call Danny and ask where he's at in the process.  I've talked to him about some of his other drivers, and bringing them to market has taken lots of trial prototypes before he's been satisfied.   

Nick77

« Reply #6 on: 7 Oct 2019, 04:24 pm »
Call Danny and ask where he's at in the process.  I've talked to him about some of his other drivers, and bringing them to market has taken lots of trial prototypes before he's been satisfied.
Yes thanks, I know these things can take a year.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #7 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:14 pm »
There are OEM alternative planars, but they are more expensive than the NEO10's at PE.

Hope Danny's version works out.

Danny Richie

« Reply #8 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:17 pm »
The company that I am working with made a change to their samples (they sent me a pair of them) as per my request and they said it didn't resolve what I was hoping it would. So they have their engineers working on it now.

Nick77

« Reply #9 on: 7 Oct 2019, 05:30 pm »
The company that I am working with made a change to their samples (they sent me a pair of them) as per my request and they said it didn't resolve what I was hoping it would. So they have their engineers working on it now.
Thanks Danny, would you say looking like 2020 for stock?

Early B.

« Reply #10 on: 7 Oct 2019, 06:39 pm »
Danny -- can you speak to the estimated price? If the price of your design is equivalent to the current Neo10's pricing, it's a non-starter. Needs to be at least half the cost.

Danny Richie

« Reply #11 on: 7 Oct 2019, 07:00 pm »
I don't know if they will solve the issue that I had with the samples. If they do then I should be able to have good stock by the end of the year. I will order enough of them at once to keep the price down, and I should be able to offer them close to the old Neo 10 pricing.

Early B.

« Reply #12 on: 7 Oct 2019, 08:23 pm »
I don't know if they will solve the issue that I had with the samples. If they do then I should be able to have good stock by the end of the year. I will order enough of them at once to keep the price down, and I should be able to offer them close to the old Neo 10 pricing.

That's great news!!

mkane

« Reply #13 on: 7 Oct 2019, 09:55 pm »
Patiently waiting to fill the holes in our baffles.

Ric Schultz

« Reply #14 on: 11 Oct 2019, 01:55 am »
I have a never used pair of Neo 10s for sale (bought from Danny).   I use a pair on my own beloved open baffle speaker (essentially a super mini with two M165X in a box underneath).  $500 the pair including shipping.

pwag

« Reply #15 on: 11 Oct 2019, 02:14 am »
Sent you pm

I have a never used pair of Neo 10s for sale (bought from Danny).   I use a pair on my own beloved open baffle speaker (essentially a super mini with two M165X in a box underneath).  $500 the pair including shipping.

mkane

« Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2019, 02:15 am »
 A pair 's not much help when you need eight.

emailtim

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2019, 06:56 am »

Nick77

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2019, 07:01 am »
I saw those too and asked Danny about them. He said he tried some samples and they had some quality issues???    :popcorn:

emailtim

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2019, 07:16 am »
I saw those too and asked Danny about them. He said he tried some samples and had some quality issues???    :popcorn:

From what threads I have read, so have the PE BG.  It appears matched (SPL) pairs are hard to come by after they were bought out.  The Chinese knockoffs use Kapton material.  The BG use some other material.