L2 Integrated Impressions?

SteveKi

L2 Integrated Impressions?
« on: 21 Oct 2019, 07:25 pm »
No comments from those who traded-up their LIO to the L2i?
Steve

Vinnie R.

Re: L2 Integrated Impressions?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2019, 08:16 pm »
No comments from those who traded-up their LIO to the L2i?
Steve

Hi SteveKi,

I've been very busy getting L2i and L2i-SE orders shipped to our dealers this month, but I am also finally just starting to ship out
units to customers who traded-in their LIO.   Next week I'm off to Capital Audio Fest and then the New York Show (so I'll be away from production for 2+ weeks), and then more L2i / L2i-SE units from LIO customers will ship mid/late November and all throughout December.  The queue has filled up more than I imagined it would, and I just can't go any faster. 

I also need to start new L2i / L2i-SE threads on my forum... I've just been overly busy, so my available time for this forum is currently much lower than I'd like (as you can probably tell).  Long-term, I'm not so sure if I'll have enough time for it.  We'll see...

There are also L2i / L2i-SE reviews in works!  I'm not sure they will be published before the end of the year (one is with The Absolute Sound magazine, but naturally there is some lag with a magazine from when the review is completed to when it is in print).

So expect to hear a lot more about L2i and L2i-SE throughout 2020... as I just only officially started production a few weeks ago.  :hyper:

Thank you,

Vinnie

Yomaha

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2019, 09:02 pm »
Where are all those LIO's gonna go that are on the business end of the trade-up?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2019, 11:10 pm »
Where are all those LIO's gonna go that are on the business end of the trade-up?

Yomaha,

I sell trade-in LIO units factory-direct, with a 5-year warranty.  If you would like to be added to the list, please
email me (and specify the features that you are looking for, max budget, etc.).

http://www.vinnierossi.com/lio-audio-component/

(I also have some with the DHT PRE option)

Thank you,

Vinnie

gene9p

« Reply #4 on: 22 Oct 2019, 02:10 pm »
That's how I purchased mine..no DHT....added a few mods, amp, xlr's, extra set of rca's, dac one....awesome!!!  Vinnie's support is simply the best if you have any questions.

SteveKi

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2019, 04:02 pm »
That's how I purchased mine..no DHT....added a few mods, amp, xlr's, extra set of rca's, dac one....awesome!!!  Vinnie's support is simply the best if you have any questions.

Vinnie,
Will you be selling used Trade-Up modules separately, ie if gene9p wants to upgrade to DHT, or just configured LIO's?
Steve

KLH007

« Reply #6 on: 22 Oct 2019, 04:45 pm »
I didn't upgrade from a LIO, but when I heard the L2i in Denver I was beyond impressed! This design incorporating Vinnie's DHT preamp and his dual mono Mosfet output stage is stunningly good, and the DAC option is also a winner comparing to outboard DACs several times its cost. Compared to the marketplace of separates and the elimination of commensurate cable costs, the L2i is not only a Summit-Fi product but a bargain as well!

Vinnie R.

« Reply #7 on: 23 Oct 2019, 11:31 pm »
Vinnie,
Will you be selling used Trade-Up modules separately, ie if gene9p wants to upgrade to DHT, or just configured LIO's?
Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes - I should be able to offer this.

I didn't upgrade from a LIO, but when I heard the L2i in Denver I was beyond impressed! This design incorporating Vinnie's DHT preamp and his dual mono Mosfet output stage is stunningly good, and the DAC option is also a winner comparing to outboard DACs several times its cost. Compared to the marketplace of separates and the elimination of commensurate cable costs, the L2i is not only a Summit-Fi product but a bargain as well!

Hi KLH007,

Thanks for your feedback - and glad you enjoyed our room at RMAF and the L2i-SE!  8)

Next week is Capital Audio Fest, and the week after is the New York Audio Show.   :singing:

Vinnie

magnuska

« Reply #8 on: 15 Nov 2019, 09:47 am »
Its been very silent on this thread. :o

Would be very interesting to hear from those who have received their L2 integrated , basic or SE model.
Especially comparisions with LIO  :)

/Magnus

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #9 on: 15 Nov 2019, 12:39 pm »
Mine should be here this month. Will keep you posted. 

magnuska

« Reply #10 on: 15 Nov 2019, 01:40 pm »
Mine should be here this month. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!  Look forward to it!

Terence T.

« Reply #11 on: 24 Nov 2019, 07:53 pm »
Pardon me to chime in on this thread. I'm very fortunate to receive my L2i-SE (after LIO DHT trade-in) from Vinnie about a couple of days ago. Straight out of the box I must say that the L2i-SE with its AL heatsink side panels, resembles an awesome drone from some sci-fi movies. Although the L2i-SE does not has many hours of burn-in, the initial listenings are quite astounding. In comparison to the LIO DHT, I am presented with a spacious soundstage with amazing depth, air and dynamic resolution with crystal-clear images of instruments and vocals. L2i-SE does not lack in well-defined bass extension. Overall, I like the natural and smooth sound quality of the L2i-SE and for me at least there is no regret that L2i-SE is now part of my audio system family and residing in my listening room. Briefly, my audio equipment consist of the Rega Apollo CDP feeding the L2 DAC of the L2i-SE and to a pair of Harbeth SHL5+ 40th Anniversary speakers.

My $0.02 worth of opinion.

Terence

« Last Edit: 25 Nov 2019, 06:05 pm by Terence T. »

matthewpartrick

• vinnierossiforum.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #12 on: 25 Nov 2019, 03:39 am »
Bet the harbeths love the tube magic and extra power!!!

magnuska

« Reply #13 on: 25 Nov 2019, 07:40 am »
Pardon me to chime in on this thread. I'm very fortunate to receive my L2i-SE (after LIO DHT trade-in) from Vinnie about a couple of days ago. Straight out of the box I must say that the L2i-SE with its AL heatsink side panels, resembles an awesome drone from some sci-fi movies. Although the L2i-SE does not has many hours of burn-in, the initial listenings are quite astounding. In comparison to the LIO DHT, I am presented with a spacious soundstage with amazing depth, air and dynamic resolution with crystal-clear images of instruments and vocals. L2i-SE does not lack in well-defined bass extension. Overall, I like the natural and smooth sound quality of the L2i-SE and for me at least there is no regret that L2i-SE is now part of my audio system family and residing in my listening room. Briefly, my audio equipment consist of the Rega Apollo CDP feeding the L2 DAC of the L2i-SE and to a pair of Harbeth SHL5+ 40th Anniversary speakers.

My $0.02 worth of opinion.

Terence

Thanks Terence, very much appreciated. Hope you can return with more feedback as it gets more burned in.
Interesting to see that you find it so much better than the LIO even from very few hours on it. I have the regular LIO with AVC/tubestage now
and aiming for the L2i standard amp which probably will be a big jump for me too in SQ. :D

Magnus

Terence T.

« Reply #14 on: 25 Nov 2019, 09:01 am »
Bet the harbeths love the tube magic and extra power!!!

I believe you are right and Harbeths love tubes and I have the Tak 300Bs in the L2i-SE. Simply love the sweet mids of the Harbeths. With the extra power of the L2i-SE anything is possible. Your chance will come when you sample the L2i-SE! And please post your impressions.

Terence T.

« Reply #15 on: 25 Nov 2019, 09:16 am »
Thanks Terence, very much appreciated. Hope you can return with more feedback as it gets more burned in.
Interesting to see that you find it so much better than the LIO even from very few hours on it. I have the regular LIO with AVC/tubestage now
and aiming for the L2i standard amp which probably will be a big jump for me too in SQ. :D

Magnus

Magnus, you are most welcome.  :thumb: Just like you, I started off from LIO with AVC/tubestage and subsequently to LIO DHT with LIO 2.0 and finally L2i-SE with L2 DAC. And with every upgrade along the way your WOW and satisfying factor will increase and definitely the L2i standard amp will have higher SQ in comparison to your LIO.  :banana piano:

Terence

Vinnie R.

« Reply #16 on: 25 Nov 2019, 04:09 pm »

Hi Terence,

Thank you for sharing your early impressions of your stealth black  L2i-SE!  8)

All,

I've fallen a bit behind on LIO trade-up to the L2i / L2i-SE orders (I was sick with a virus last week), but am catching up and will be shipping again this week, and throughout December. 

As always, feel free to email me directly (instead of PM'ing via audiocircle) if you have any questions.

Thanks again for all your patience - I promise it will be well-worth the wait.  :inlove:

Vinnie

lengcm

« Reply #17 on: 3 Dec 2019, 10:19 pm »

I have just received my unit on Monday night. 1st of all, I have underestimated the weight of the new amp as compared to the LIO. An extra pair of hands is definitely required to remove the amp from its triple box.
My setup as follows Auralic Aries G2 - LSi-SE - Kii three speakers and TAK 300B
Many of you will be wondering why I bought an integrated amp, a pair of Harbeths or Qln may be in the planning.
With the new amp in place, everything was taken up many levels as compared to the LIO. I am getting a deeper and wider soundstage, better transparency. Most importantly the presence of the mids is amazing. Was playing the song Take My Breath Away and the presence of the singer really took my breath away...
Will post more as the unit runs in.
« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2019, 02:47 am by lengcm »

Terence T.

« Reply #18 on: 4 Dec 2019, 09:18 am »

I have just received my unit on Monday night. 1st of all, I have underestimated the weight of the new amp as compared to the LIO. An extra pair of hands is definitely required to remove the amp from its triple box.
My setup as follows Auralic Aries G2 - LSi-SE - Kii three speakers and TAK 300B
Many of you will be wondering why I bought an integrated amp, a pair of Harbeths or Qln may be in the planning.
With the new amp in place, everything was taken up many levels as compared to the LIO. I am getting a deeper and wider soundstage, better transparency. Most importantly the presence of the mids is amazing. Was playing the song Take My Breath Away and the presence of the singer really took my breath away...
Will post more as the unit runs in.

Hi lengcm,

A nice setup! :drool: Thanks for sharing your impressions of the L2i-SE with the Taks 300B. As I can see, another proud & satisfied owner of Vinnie's L2i-SE, "a one of its kind DHT Hybrid Integrated Amplifier in the world."  :hyper:

Terence

gene9p

« Reply #19 on: 4 Dec 2019, 05:19 pm »

All,

I've fallen a bit behind on LIO trade-up to the L2i / L2i-SE orders (I was sick with a virus last week), but am catching up and will be shipping again this week, and throughout December. 

Vinnie

I got your bug now...UGH!!!!!!  :icon_frown: