The NFL Season, 2019-2020

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
Re: The NFL Season, 2019-2020
« Reply #60 on: 23 Oct 2019, 10:32 pm »
That really wasn't my point, regardless, New England wouldn't put up with that BS ..........

Oh, you mean the team the Eagles beat in the Superbowl? 

rockadanny

« Reply #61 on: 23 Oct 2019, 10:35 pm »

:rotflmao:

twitch54

« Reply #62 on: 23 Oct 2019, 11:57 pm »

yesterdays news, are you seriously trying to compare the Eagles organization to the Pats ??? next thing you know you'll be comparing the Phillies to the Yankees ...............

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #63 on: 24 Oct 2019, 12:59 am »
If I remember correctly, when the Eagles and that team faced off in the Superbowl, the EAGLES were victorious.  Unless you have some alternative facts to offer.  Are you seriously disputing the fact that you guys LOST?  And that Brady was left shaking his head on the bench with a deer in the headlights look?  Didn't think so.

The point being be careful when talking trash about another team while puffing your chest out about yours, you just might get bit in the ass when you're not looking.  It's simply not good form.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #64 on: 24 Oct 2019, 02:02 am »
Indeed the Eagles did win a superbowl... once.    But if you go back far enough there are other Eagles championships... way back, 59 years ago. 

twitch54

« Reply #65 on: 24 Oct 2019, 02:22 pm »
If I remember correctly, when the Eagles and that team faced off in the Superbowl, the EAGLES were victorious.  Unless you have some alternative facts to offer.  Are you seriously disputing the fact that you guys LOST?  And that Brady was left shaking his head on the bench with a deer in the headlights look?  Didn't think so.

The point being be careful when talking trash about another team while puffing your chest out about yours, you just might get bit in the ass when you're not looking.  It's simply not good form.

LOL, 'my team' ???? I don't own any of them ! ......  and for the record, I'm from Buffalo, NY, so you thinking I'm a Pats fan is ridiculous !! NOBODY knows more about losing than a Bills fan !! Yes, I'm also wise enough to know and understand there has been no better organization in football for the past two decades than the Pats, argue that and you know nothing about the game !!

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #66 on: 24 Oct 2019, 02:31 pm »
Indeed the Eagles did win a superbowl... once.    But if you go back far enough there are other Eagles championships... way back, 59 years ago.

Yes of course I was being over the top to make a point.  I have two teams, the Eagles finally won one after years of being, as it was once said about my other team, three bricks shy of a load.  The Steelers have been a storied team since that incredible team in the 70s, however both are in a terrible morass this year.  The Eagles cannot play offense without Peters at left tackle and can't play defense when Mills is at corner.  If they get healthy they'll be a different team, but you can't count on being 100% healthy in today's NFL and they're very thin on the second level at many positions.  The Steelers are not the same team without the three B's.

twitch54

« Reply #67 on: 25 Oct 2019, 11:34 pm »
well, with all the Eagles' discussion the last few posts it seems interesting that they are only 1 1/2 pt underdogs going into this weekend against the Bills. I would have thought with the Fletcher Cox episode at his house threatening to 'blow of the head' of a potential intruder and the former Eagle player who was let go lashing out at his teammates that the Bills would have at least the 3 point 'home field' spread..........

On a brighter note in Philly, thumbs up for the signing of Joe Girardi as the Phillies next manager !

JDoyle

« Reply #68 on: 25 Oct 2019, 11:40 pm »
well, with all the Eagles' discussion the last few posts it seems interesting that they are only 1 1/2 pt underdogs going into this weekend against the Bills. I would have thought with the Fletcher Cox episode at his house threatening to 'blow of the head' of a potential intruder and the former Eagle player who was let go lashing out at his teammates that the Bills would have at least the 3 point 'home field' spread..........

So which team are you rootin’ for? Just wondering...

JD

twitch54

« Reply #69 on: 26 Oct 2019, 02:36 am »
So which team are you rootin’ for? Just wondering...

JD

LOL, funny man ...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

twitch54

« Reply #70 on: 27 Oct 2019, 08:02 pm »
Well Bflo returned 'true to form' today !

JDoyle

« Reply #71 on: 27 Oct 2019, 08:10 pm »
The good news is that the Bills don’t stink...
The bad news is that the Bills stink

rodge827

« Reply #72 on: 27 Oct 2019, 08:15 pm »

As did the Iggles!

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #73 on: 27 Oct 2019, 08:28 pm »
How 'bout them Saints? Drew Brees returns from the longest layoff of his career and throws for 373 yards and 3 touchdowns. 

7 and 1 going into the Bye week.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #74 on: 28 Oct 2019, 05:00 pm »

I thought the Bills played pretty well and were in it till late in the game.  They just weren't able to put together drives against the iggles and Philly took over with an 8 minute drive aided by penalties and Wentz scrambling. 

The bigger story is once again penalties and refs deciding close games.  The games are virtually unwatchable with all the flags.  This all stems from the NFL wanting high scoring games and the revised pass coverage rules in the late seventies.  DBs can't effectively jam receivers before the ball is thrown allowing receivers to run wild through the defensive backfield causing DBs to commit PI on virtually every play.  During the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s this was controlled by receivers getting slobberknocked if they ran some of these routes so QBs wouldn't throw anywhere they felt like it.  Now we quite rightly have player protection penalties to keep players from drooling out of their mouths in old age, putting way to much pressure on DBs to cover. 

Concurrently O linemen have to hold on every play because it's such a passing league they can't get their QB killed which causes holding penalties on every other big play.  Which leads to these ridiculous QB protection penalties where you can't touch them.  I'm thinking it could be greatly reduced by repealing the Mel Blunt rule and allow contact by DBs until the ball is in the air, I imagine we could reduce penalties by half with that one simple change.  What do you guys think?

rockadanny

« Reply #75 on: 28 Oct 2019, 05:57 pm »
I think the rules are fine. It's the players and coaches unwilling to adapt to them and being lazy. Its way easier to hold on every play and hope you don't get caught. Rules are the same for both teams so no excuses please for their behavior. I'm not sick of the flags, I'm sick of the lazy players holding on every single play. Its called "cheating".

twitch54

« Reply #76 on: 28 Oct 2019, 06:53 pm »
I thought the Bills played pretty well and were in it till late in the game.  They just weren't able to put together drives against the iggles and Philly took over with an 8 minute drive aided by penalties and Wentz scrambling. 

The bigger story is once again penalties and refs deciding close games.  The games are virtually unwatchable with all the flags.  This all stems from the NFL wanting high scoring games and the revised pass coverage rules in the late seventies.  DBs can't effectively jam receivers before the ball is thrown allowing receivers to run wild through the defensive backfield causing DBs to commit PI on virtually every play.  During the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s this was controlled by receivers getting slobberknocked if they ran some of these routes so QBs wouldn't throw anywhere they felt like it.  Now we quite rightly have player protection penalties to keep players from drooling out of their mouths in old age, putting way to much pressure on DBs to cover. 

Concurrently O linemen have to hold on every play because it's such a passing league they can't get their QB killed which causes holding penalties on every other big play.  Which leads to these ridiculous QB protection penalties where you can't touch them.  I'm thinking it could be greatly reduced by repealing the Mel Blunt rule and allow contact by DBs until the ball is in the air, I imagine we could reduce penalties by half with that one simple change.  What do you guys think?

your second paragraph speaks volumes, that's why I rarely watch a game anymore, wait till the end and watch the high lites. Or in the case of the Bills the 'low lites'.  Yesterdays game could be summed up in one word ............ 'run'.  The Bills couldn't (like they have been unable to all season) and their defense couldn't stop it. With that being said they will be lucky to win 5 more games.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #77 on: 4 Nov 2019, 04:13 am »
GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!! 37-20, and it's still not over!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #78 on: 4 Nov 2019, 12:36 pm »
The refs were once again beyond horrible, close to criminal.  The referees have decided they don't like the challenge flag on PI, or any penalties for that matter, and have decided to legislate on the field by denying any PI challenge no matter the merits.  In the Steeler/Colts game PI was called on a ball literally 5 yards over the head of the players and 10 yards past them.  "Rule 8, Section 5, Article 3(c) identifies as a permissible act “[c]ontact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players".  Yet Tomlin's challenge was denied.  This is a clear and willful violation of the rules of the NFL by fiat of the referees.  They should all be fired for this and general incompetence.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #79 on: 4 Nov 2019, 12:52 pm »
Hate challenges, instant replays, tickers across the bottom of the screen, all the commercials, interviews, highlights from other games, multiple time outs, etc. in NFL or college football.  It's just a game, focus on it and get on with it.  Not so many years ago a college or NFL football game was routinely played in 3 hours, now it 3:30 or longer.  I DVR everything and fast forward between most plays just to lose all the blah blah blah commentary.  For a good alternative watch Canadian Football.