Video review of LDR3.V2 Passive Preamp by NewRecordDay.com

Tomy2Tone

Re: Video review of LDR3.V2 Passive Preamp by NewRecordDay.com
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2015, 03:47 pm »
Hey Ron,

I think your video reviews are well done and it appears your day job may have something to do with this line of work or you just make it look easy.  :thumb:

My only suggestion is to not be afraid to be critical of the piece you're reviewing if it calls for it. Sometimes it seems you paint a rosy picture and we all know it's not exactly like that. Plus I think it helps those who are considering buying such products what to expect and usually helps manufacturers know what to work on to improve. Much like you're appreciating the good/bad feedback you're receiving here.  :D

All in all, just be you. If being funny and quirky is your thing then do that, be true to yourself. It would be funny if you ever did an over the top serious review one time to compare/contrast. It is refreshing seeing you take a lighter side approach. This hobby should be fun and enjoyable and from my short time here on AC there are way too many serious audiophile types that like to spoil the party. So I say keep up the good work!

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #21 on: 10 Jul 2015, 04:58 pm »
Hey Ron,

I think your video reviews are well done and it appears your day job may have something to do with this line of work or you just make it look easy.  :thumb:

My only suggestion is to not be afraid to be critical of the piece you're reviewing if it calls for it. Sometimes it seems you paint a rosy picture and we all know it's not exactly like that. Plus I think it helps those who are considering buying such products what to expect and usually helps manufacturers know what to work on to improve. Much like you're appreciating the good/bad feedback you're receiving here.  :D

All in all, just be you. If being funny and quirky is your thing then do that, be true to yourself. It would be funny if you ever did an over the top serious review one time to compare/contrast. It is refreshing seeing you take a lighter side approach. This hobby should be fun and enjoyable and from my short time here on AC there are way too many serious audiophile types that like to spoil the party. So I say keep up the good work!

You just inspired me to try something new. I should always include a section in the review called "feedback" where I bring up exactly what you suggest - things about the product that could be improved etc etc...

Great idea man!

Thanks for the kind words on the production of the review. Its a labor of love and wish it was my day job!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jul 2015, 05:30 pm »
wish it was my day job!
What is it?

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
« Reply #23 on: 10 Jul 2015, 06:15 pm »
What is it?

Thanks,

Work for Weebly.com

33na3rd

« Reply #24 on: 11 Jul 2015, 04:07 am »
Nice review, Ron!

I hope we get to hear your impressions when you get around to hooking up the LDR.V2 to the Stereo 100. On paper, that should be a great combo too.