Wanted: Placette interconnect cables

Ern Dog

Wanted: Placette interconnect cables
« on: 27 Mar 2011, 02:34 am »
I'm looking for a 1m pair of Placette cables with RCA ends.

Thanks,
Ernie

Ern Dog

Re: Wanted: Placette interconnect cables
« Reply #1 on: 27 Mar 2011, 03:25 pm »
A 0.5 meter pair would work for me too.  Either size is ok. 

Ern Dog

« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2011, 04:10 am »
I just spoke to Guy Placette earlier on the phone today and he said a new pair would cost $200 for 1 M and that they include an adapter so that you can plug them into your existing IC and find that it sounds exactly the same with the Placette IC in place.  Then remove your old cables and hear what your system really sounds like.  That's what Transparent means.  His preamps are the same way.

I asked him which power cords he recommends that are neutral and transparent and he said "don't waste your money, buy some new speakers or music instead."

When I asked him what he is personally using for speaker cables he said they haven't made "Placette" speaker cables, so he said uses his own home-brew which is simply really pure copper cable that is twisted.

When I asked him about power conditioners he seemed more favorable about them. And that most do more damage then help, but there are some out there worth having, so let your ears be the judge.  He recommended plugging my rig direct into the wall for 2-3 days then plug my power conditioner back in as a way to test which is more transparent.  I asked him what he is using and he said he uses his own home-brew power conditioner made with a big torrodial !! ??????  I'm no electrician so I don't know how that would work.

Funny, even talking with him, he seemed like a Transparent kinda guy in that he had nothing to hide.

Ern Dog

« Reply #3 on: 9 Apr 2011, 04:26 pm »
Bump

Ern Dog

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2011, 04:43 am »
Still looking :)

Ern Dog

« Reply #5 on: 22 May 2011, 08:41 pm »
bump

12XU

« Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2016, 11:23 pm »
If you are still looking for Placette I/Cs let me know as I have a 1 meter and 1.5 meter pair.

Ern Dog

« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2016, 03:05 am »
If you are still looking for Placette I/Cs let me know as I have a 1 meter and 1.5 meter pair.

No I don't need another pair anymore. I made this request 5 years ago.

I must admit that I'm still using a pair in my rig along with a Spirit IC.