Omega characteristics

Zoe

Omega characteristics
« on: 4 Jan 2004, 12:48 am »
I will be in the market to add some speakers to complement my Norh SE-9 amp. They will be used in a small room (10x12x8). How well do Omega speakers "disappear"?  How well will they work in a small room?  Thanks

taketwo

Omega characteristics
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jan 2004, 03:08 am »
I have a room smaller than yours and use them nearfield as a result. I have both the TS3 and Super 3. They do the disappearing act very well and don't sound boxy at all unlike some bookshelves I had before. Initially had a bass boom problem with the Super 3s but with proper positioning and break-in it has all but disappeared. Don't judge them until they are well broken in.

Zoe

Positioning
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jan 2004, 04:43 am »
Thanks for the reply. What positioning worked best?

taketwo

Omega characteristics
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2004, 03:07 am »
Generally I don't find them to be too particular about placement especially after they are properly broken-in. But for my needs I got the best results when the sound source is pointed directly at my listening position. It sounds more initimate and yet you don't lose the wide soundstage that they are capable of. The sound seems to be coming from everywhere but the speakers themselves. BTW I too have a nOrh SE9. Good amp this. Funny thing is I like the TS3 when matched with a good tube amp especially a 300B SET. Vocals are haunting. But for the Super 3s I like them better with SS. Weird.