VMPS RM V60 question and Build - Part 2

shauk786

VMPS RM V60 question and Build - Part 2
« on: 3 Dec 2020, 02:55 pm »
Greetings from Turkey.

It has been almost 4 months since we relocated to turkey and for us to get accustomed to life here. It has been wonderful. It took the same amount of time for my 20ft container to reach here finally on Monday 30th November with 3 and a half months on the sea and 2 weeks at the customs in Istanbul. From California to China, China to Malaysia, Malaysia to Egypt and finally Egypt to Istanbul. As I was expecting, it was not an easy out of the door clearance mainly due to the number of speakers and electronics items I was bringing. My thanks to John Casler and Jason Lim (Nuprime) to provide documents being requested as well as the Audiocircle Vmps site which helped in convincing the officers. Eventually, release was obtained with a $480.00 port fee and taxes.

Tuesday morning, the moving company truck came right on time for unloading to my apartment. Looking at the VMPS crates, I was apprehensive as all of them were "cracked" open and a couple tied with ropes. Most of the boxes were opened and retaped. I understood this was all part of the inspection process.

Thank goodness, upon unpacking, all of my speakers were unscathed and in pristine condition. Sign of relief.
My speaker contents were:
1 pair of wings vmps rmv60 and 2 pairs of bases (Piano Black) - (built) - intended for living room home theater (double bases with 1 base yet to be built)
3 wings of vmps rmv60 and 4 bases (Macassar Ebony) - 2 wings to be built soon - intended for a two channel dedicated system (double bases) in lower floor of my penthouse.
1 vmps LRC
1 pair VMPS dipole surrounds
1 pair VMPS 626R
2 VMPS Larger subs + 1 Elac s12EQ sub

Also all my existing electronics which will work on 230V.

Cheers - more to come

Here are some pictures - Excuse the mess

Right view from my terrace

Part of living room

Left view from the terrace

Start to assemble the home theater - Using the 2nd piano black pair of bases as temporary stands  :D

Cheers,
Shaukat

GeorgeAb

Re: VMPS RM V60 question and Build - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: 4 Dec 2020, 10:33 pm »
Looking good Shaukat! Beautiful home and lovely location and now quality sound. Glad to hear the speakers made it unscathed and you and yours are settled in. 

Jon L

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2020, 10:45 pm »
Amazing success story for audiophile international move and great views  :thumb:

As an aside, neighbors often complain bitterly about "noise" (aka music) in apartment/condo setting.  Strategy?

shauk786

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2020, 10:04 am »
"Noise" will not be an issue  :lol:

1.) We own a penthouse which is also a duplex so we are on the 12th and 13th floor of the building, bedrooms on the lower floor, living/kitchen on the upper floor.
2.) As of now, we are the only people who have purchased at the penthouse level. So we are the sole occupants on the 12th/13th level. The others are currently empty.
3.) The majority of the owners in the building are foreigners and therefore they are mostly here during vacations/holidays.

Regards,

Housteau

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2021, 10:43 pm »
Very, very nice.