October Meet--D.C. NOVA, and Maryland

r.wasserstrom

October Meet--D.C. NOVA, and Maryland
« on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:35 pm »
As one of you said, let's keep this going.  I will host a meet at my place in Rockville, MD on either Saturday October 20 or 27.  Following Phil's approach, I'll use the date chosen by a majority of respondents.  I live just outside the D.C. Beltway not too far from the Strathmore Music Center so it should be pretty easy to get to from the metro area.  I plan to start at 2 pm and will have snacks, beer, soft drinks, and pizza. 

Please let me know whether you will attend and which date you prefer.  Majority rules.

Rich

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: October Meet--D.C. NOVA, and Maryland
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2012, 03:39 pm »
Rich,
Either date will work for me.  Probably prefer Oct 27 as I will be getting back from RMAF on Oct 16.

Looking forward to another listening session.

Rich

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 21 Sep 2012, 04:34 pm »
Rich, either date works for me.  How's the sub working out?

Rich (HAL - isn't that confusing :lol:).  Starting to make progress on the digitization.  Hopefully by the end of the year, I'll have gotten through a decent part of it.  Thanks for your help at the last meet.

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #3 on: 21 Sep 2012, 05:53 pm »
HAL and Phil.  Glad you can attend the meet. 
Phil--I am still getting used to the sub and want to live with it for a while before I voice any opinions.  Thanks for all your work setting it up.
Rich

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2012, 11:46 pm »
HAL and Phil--I now have a family obligation on October 27, so October 20 has to be the date of the meet.  HAL, I know you will be returning from RMAF October 16, and would prefer October 27 for the meet, but that is not possible for me.  So far you are the only two Mid Atlantic members to reply so it will be an intimate gathering, which is fine with me. 
Rich

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct 2012, 12:02 am »
HAL and Phil--I now have a family obligation on October 27, so October 20 has to be the date of the meet.  HAL, I know you will be returning from RMAF October 16, and would prefer October 27 for the meet, but that is not possible for me.  So far you are the only two Mid Atlantic members to reply so it will be an intimate gathering, which is fine with me. 
Rich

Rich - October 20th is fine

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2012, 12:41 am »
Rich,
Will try to make it Oct. 20!

Just let me know where and time.

Best,
Rich

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 4 Oct 2012, 02:17 am »
Rich

It's fine whoever wants to show up.  It's great hearing a pair of vintage Quads.  Given me the planar bug.  After I move, I may have to do something like the new MMGs in a spare bedroom.

DTB300

« Reply #8 on: 4 Oct 2012, 05:31 pm »
Last GT was not an option for me due to other commitments, but I might be able to make this one on the 20th.   I live just around the corner from you down Randolph....  :)

BTW, what sub are you trying out?   I guess it might be mentioned in the other GT thread?

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 4 Oct 2012, 07:20 pm »
Last GT was not an option for me due to other commitments, but I might be able to make this one on the 20th.   I live just around the corner from you down Randolph....  :)

BTW, what sub are you trying out?   I guess it might be mentioned in the other GT thread?

Probably not noted in the thread.  When Rich was over my place about a month back, I talked to him about it and went over to set-up his Rel Storm III.  I have 4 Rels in the main system, including 2 Storm IIIs for both stereo music and distributed ".1" for HT.

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #10 on: 5 Oct 2012, 12:24 am »
DTB300--I look forward to meeting you later this month. Sorry for the delayed response--I'm out of town for a wedding and have not been checking my e-mail very frequently.
I'll send address and phone numbers to all who sign up for the meet as the date approaches.
Rich

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #11 on: 7 Oct 2012, 04:42 am »
Just catching this coming back from vacation.  Either 20th or 27th would work for me. 

Any particular gear / music / theme folks are interested in?

I've also been speaking w/ Josh since the last meeting at Phil's and at some point this month we had discussed meeting to check out this all Magnepan dedicated 7.1 channel home theater I've just put together - if that's of interest to anyone.

Phil A

« Reply #12 on: 7 Oct 2012, 01:33 pm »
Jon - would love to check out the Maggie set-up at some point.  After I eventually move, I may have to may a set of the new MMGs in a spare bedroom. 

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #13 on: 8 Oct 2012, 04:06 pm »
Phil - will keep you & the group advised when Josh & I confirm a date - though there's no reason not to stop by earlier if you're in the Arlington area.  Have run the Audyssey but still fine tuning the sound here & there.

Phil A

« Reply #14 on: 8 Oct 2012, 05:39 pm »
Phil - will keep you & the group advised when Josh & I confirm a date - though there's no reason not to stop by earlier if you're in the Arlington area.  Have run the Audyssey but still fine tuning the sound here & there.

Jon - sounds good.  I am in contact with Josh on a regular basis anyway.

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #15 on: 8 Oct 2012, 09:29 pm »
Jon,
The date for the meet at my place is October 20.  Details to follow by PM in about a week.  Look forward to seeing you.
Rich

r.wasserstrom

Re: October 20 Meet--D.C. NOVA, and Maryland
« Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2012, 08:17 pm »
I've sent meet details via PM to all who responded that they would attend.  If you have not gotten my PM please let me know.
Rich

DTB300

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:06 pm »
PM received.... So far I am a go for Saturday.

Want us to bring any food?

r.wasserstrom

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:12 pm »
Great.  Look forward to seeing you.  Thanks for your offer, but I have food covered.  Just bring your favorite music.
Rich

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #19 on: 21 Oct 2012, 03:59 pm »
Rich,
Wanted to say thank you for the fine gathering at your place yesterday.

The QUAD ESL57 and REL sub setup were sounding very good with all the digital and analog front ends!

Will be looking forward to your new music server build when you replace the one you demoed yesterday.   Really want to year your DAC running from USB2 input as a comparison to the S/PDIF input.

Once I discuss with my friend about a possible SoMD session, will see what dates make sense.  Still have to get the new toy first.

Thanks again!

Best,
Rich