Yahoooo. Moto GP is in town !!!

klaus@odyssey

Yahoooo. Moto GP is in town !!!
« on: 28 Aug 2009, 05:27 am »
Had a nice late night ride,  and yep,  the GP  circus is definitely in town.  All the barricades are set up for freestylin',  several stages for live bands,  downtown is buzzing,  and there are already hundreds and hundreds of out of towners on their bikes cruising around on the circle.

IT IS FREAKING GREAT !!!!!!!!

lazydays

Re: Yahoooo. Moto GP is in town !!!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2009, 03:50 pm »
Had a nice late night ride,  and yep,  the GP  circus is definitely in town.  All the barricades are set up for freestylin',  several stages for live bands,  downtown is buzzing,  and there are already hundreds and hundreds of out of towners on their bikes cruising around on the circle.

think those stages are set up for the Rib Fest over in Military Park. They then will stay setup for the jazz fest the following weekend. A lot of the people downtown are from the Fringe Fest going on right now. Last year most of the bikers only came in about 48 hours before the race and were gone race day evening.
gary

lazydays

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2009, 03:42 pm »

well we had bikes up town last night! Must have been five hundred of them here and there (Friday night I saw maybe a half dozen). Looked like they were all head to Broad Ripple (that's where I was at). Saw almost none in downtown Greenwood, but did see several hundred hot rods in one form or another.
gary

nrenter

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2009, 04:02 pm »
Klaus,

Just noticed your signature. Thought I'd pass along this...

http://www.snopes.com/military/lighthouse.asp

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2009, 04:14 pm »
Yep,  a lot of fun.  Actually,  there are thousands......
As for the sig,  dammit ^&%(^%%**&^   It was too cool to be true.......

loki1957

« Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2009, 07:47 pm »
The GP bikes and riders are absolutely incredible. Lots of fun to see, hear, and smell them in person. Looking forward to next year.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #6 on: 4 Sep 2009, 08:22 am »
It was freaking great.  I'm a good rider,  but probably not even 30 % of where these guys are.  Amazing.  And yes,  I like Rossi.

mfsoa

« Reply #7 on: 4 Sep 2009, 01:15 pm »
Nicky re-ups w/ Ducati for '10.

Hope he keeps coming to grips w/ that beast that only Stoner seems to be able to ride.

loki1957

« Reply #8 on: 4 Sep 2009, 03:06 pm »
I'd like to see Vallie on the Ducati be for he hangs it up.