SWL 9.0SE Price Increase...

modwright

SWL 9.0SE Price Increase...
« on: 17 Aug 2006, 03:08 pm »
Please note, retail price of the SWL 9.0SE will increase to $2495 on Sept. 1, 2006.  Current pricing for the SWL 9.0SE is $2200.

We are also replacing the stock remote with our own ModWright remote control.

Thanks,

Dan W.

smcvick

Re: SWL 9.0SE Price Increase...
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2006, 08:20 pm »
Two questions.

1) How will the new remote differ from the old remote?  Do you perhaps have a picture available?

2) Are there any other changes, aside from the new remote, associated with the price increase?

Thanks.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2006, 08:58 am »
Two questions.

1) How will the new remote differ from the old remote?  Do you perhaps have a picture available?

2) Are there any other changes, aside from the new remote, associated with the price increase?

Thanks.
Bump.....
Hello Dan......Please tell me about this new remote....thanks !! :thumb:
                         Chris

smcvick

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2006, 07:30 pm »
Asked Dan the same questions via email, and his response was:

1. The new remote will be functionally the same, just nicer looking.

2. I don't foresee any functional differences in the units after Sept. 1.  It is simply a matter of our costs increasing.

stingfan

« Reply #4 on: 8 Oct 2006, 06:50 pm »
I'd like to see a picture of the new remote.  Dan's website is notorious slim on hi-res photos of the 9SE.  Would be nice to see the ModWright site updated with better (close-up/hires) product pix for all the products actually.

modwright

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2006, 06:25 am »
Hi and thanks for the reminder about our poorly updated website ;).  We are just really busy and it seems that the website gets neglected.

RE the remote.  We are still in the process of having them made and it may be eight weeks before we get them.  All customers who bought units after Sept. 1 from our dealers will be able to trade their stock remote in for the new ones when available and they will be made available to all SWL owners for a reasonable price.  Aesthetically they will be sharp and our OWN remote ;).  The remotes will still only have volume and mute.

Thanks guys,

Dan W.

stingfan

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2006, 04:23 pm »
Great to hear, Re: the remote's design.  Just curious, why omit the ability to change inputs via the remote as well? I'm guessing that electronic switching is 'noisier' than a physical dial switch, yes?  It just rules out being able to integrate the pre with my smart integrated remote (Logitech harmony 550).  P.S. we can help with your site too, if interested...I'll PM you on that...

modwright

« Reply #7 on: 11 Oct 2006, 04:41 pm »
The SWL 9.0SE was initially designed without this feature because I wanted to keep the signal path as simple as possible.  We are not going to re-design the SWL 9.0SE at this point to include input switching.  This may be feature in future products.  Switching doesn't need to be done digitally.  Rather, input switching via high-quality analog relays is not detrimental to sonics in my opinion.

Thanks,

Dan