Aksonic Kit for sale.

Brownee

Aksonic Kit for sale.
« on: 24 Mar 2008, 11:53 am »
Hi all. I am putting my Aksonic Kit up for sale. As far as I am aware the drivers ( vifa M18 in particular) are still available from WES IN Sydney. The Kit includes everything in the original kit except I have misplaced my instructions. :duh:  I will have to email Hugh to see if I can get another set.(are you there Hugh?   :oops:). I am asking $200.00 and if you are able to pick up in the Newcastle area I will throw in the cabinets for free.

Brownee

AKSA

Re: Aksonic Kit for sale.
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2008, 09:37 pm »
That is an incredibly good deal, this is an ultra high resolution speaker, highly suited to jazz and chamber music.  It's very, very nimble - matches the VSonics for speed.

I can supply instructions to any buyer, no problem at all.

I'm sorry Brownee is selling them, a pity he did not build them!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Brownee

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2008, 01:46 am »
Hi Hugh, thanks for suppling the instructions- much appreciated. :D

I did actually build the speakers. The reason that I am not selling them as a built unit is that when I first got them going I had a mouse climb up into the speaker and chewed though the wires that go from the terminals on the woofers to the voice coils.(don't know the tech name). I have since soldered them together and they are working great but could not with a good conscience sell them as a complete unit. My love for speaker design/building  continues and intend to use the drivers in my next project and I intend to use the money I get from the sale to purchase some more test gear.

Come to think of it  - I would  consider selling the Vifa XT25's tweeters that I have at a good price. They are a great tweeter but are a little hard to work with when designing your own crossover.

Any takers! aa

bluesky

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2008, 09:03 am »
Hi

I use my Aksonics as my primary speakers and at one stage did think of selling them but not any more! 

Every time I added a little part to improve something in my front end I have found that the Aksonics appear to "get better", this just shows what a damn fine design these speakers are.

I also remember getting the drivers and thinking that the woofers just looked too small but Hugh assured me that they would deliver the goods, and they did!  Dave Ellis, a person for whom I also have a lot of respect also told me that these Vifa drivers really were some of the best around.

So to any prospective buyers out there, I reckon you should jump at this bargain being offered.

Cheers

Bluesky   

JohnR

« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2008, 09:37 am »
So the drivers are the XT25 and the M18? Would anyone happen to know WES price on those?

AKSA

« Reply #5 on: 26 Mar 2008, 09:58 am »
John,

Sorry, outa touch on these drivers, though I think the XT25, now made in China, is around $65 including GST.

The M18WO would be much more expensive, probably around $110.

Any Aussies here know for certain?

Hugh

Oz_Audio

« Reply #6 on: 26 Mar 2008, 11:28 am »
http://www.digitalmegahouse.com.au/onlinestore/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=3

Still listed at Digital Megahouse in Adelaide, see above link.

XT25 AUD$74.95
M18 AUD$124.95

Mark

Hegemony

« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2008, 08:21 am »
Hi there,

I have the drivers you are after for a very reasonable price.  I was going to build the aksonics but didn't get around to it.  They are unused and in perfect condition.  0414877472 $200 for the 2 tweeters and the two drivers.

Cheers,
Russ.

AKSA

« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2008, 09:52 am »
John,

If you are interested, grab it.  This is dirt cheap, and I can vouch for Hegemony's drivers, he's a personal friend and utterly trustworthy.  We are bikey mates and he's just upgraded to the VSonics.......

Cheers,

Hugh

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2008, 08:19 pm »
he's just upgraded to the VSonics.......

Hugh you'll put him off if you keep saying things like upgrade.....

Nick.

andyr

« Reply #10 on: 28 Mar 2008, 03:43 am »

We are bikey mates and .......

Mmmm, aren't "bikeys" those squat, muscular buggars on hogs, wearing black leather with a red bandana and a greasy ponytail ... who are engaged in various nefarious activities like protection rackets, firearm importation, drug manufacture etc etc?

Don't know that I would trust a "bikey"!  :P

Regards,

Andy
« Last Edit: 28 Mar 2008, 06:34 am by andyr »

AKSA

« Reply #11 on: 28 Mar 2008, 06:30 am »
Ok, Ok, I'm being dramatic......

Drop the 'ey' and replace with 'er'.  That should sanitize me somewhat....... :scratch:

Nick, you are right...... :?

Cheers,

Hugh

JohnR

« Reply #12 on: 28 Mar 2008, 09:06 am »
Sorry for the delay, work has been busy and exhausting as usual :( I'll take the drivers from Hegemony and the xover and cabs from Brownee (I will come and get them) if all are available still. PMs will be sent... :)

JohnR

« Reply #13 on: 28 Mar 2008, 09:14 am »
Oh yes, on the biker thing... I should be flogged for not registering my bike, it languishes in the shed :( :( :(

AKSA

« Reply #14 on: 28 Mar 2008, 11:32 am »
John,

That is utterly disgraceful.

Go and start the engine immediately, just to keep it alive........

Alternatively you could take it to a track day at Oran Park.

What sort of machine?  A Duke?

Hugh

Brownee

« Reply #15 on: 6 Apr 2008, 05:40 am »
Hi All, this is still up for grabs.

Hegemony

« Reply #16 on: 7 Apr 2008, 12:46 pm »
And you now have a source for the drivers at a reasonable price...ring me....ring me now...oh, then ring brownee.

Russ