The Tuning Master arrived...........

soundguy3

« on: 4 Aug 2003, 09:51 pm »
Brian and his lovely wife Shirley arrived on Saturday. We all had a great time .Thanks Brian for everything.  Brian was able to fine tune my 40's ...I was getting  mid bass thump/whump/wolf notes :roll:  on lots of material, plus the mid pots were not quite right...so there was too much treble and not enough mids.   Once the tuning  was done and I had the EAR amp switch in the right position ( for the last 2 hours, it was incorrect...we could not figure out why there was so much distortion  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: ) the sounds were incredible!

Thanks again Brian and Shirley for the enjoyable day and a wonderful time. :D

Soundguy3

warnerwh

« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2003, 10:54 pm »
Did Brian change the room position very much?  Just wonder if you dealt with the bass problems with room position or mass. As I remember your speakers were well out from the rear wall.  I'm sure you'll mark the magic spots where the speakers are:)

Jay S

« Reply #2 on: 5 Aug 2003, 12:21 am »
Soundguy3,

It probably doesn't get any better than having the maker himself coming to help tune your system!  :D

What do you mean getting the eAR amp switch in the right direction?  I've got an eAR amp too...

Also what did Brian think of the eAR?  Any comments vs his Reference Ampzilla 2000s?

Thanks!

soundguy3

Speaker placement .....not much movement...
« Reply #3 on: 5 Aug 2003, 05:01 am »
Hi Warner,

Actually, we only moved the left speaker 1/4 of an inch to the center....other than that, that was it! I had the placement pretty well figured...the mid bass stuff etc was what Brian took care of with putty removeal  and mid pot adjustments up.  It sounds incredible now.

I will be leaving for work on this Sunday...if you want to come listen and if you still want the Legacys for $300, they are yours.  Let me know.

John

soundguy3

Jays.....switch in the UP position...
« Reply #4 on: 5 Aug 2003, 07:23 am »
Hi Jay S,

Make sure your EAR amp switch is in the UP position for RCA.....  :!:  When all was said and done, and the amp switch was correct, Brian was pleased with the sound of my system....so was I!

Sguy3