RM40's....more incredible impressions with Jena Labs

soundguy3

This just gets better and better as time marches on.....

The other night, Kevin W came over to have a listen to the RM40's with the EAR amp/pre........he brought with him some speaker wires and interconnects from Jena Labs.  They sounded great, and at one point we had all Jena Labs in the system, speaker wires and interconnects.  The next day I took out the Jena speaker wire and 1 pair of interconnects from the amp to the pre, just to see the what the sonic difference would be.....(eaiser on the pocket book too  :wink:)  I put in the speaker wire I had previous, which was Monster Cable Z Series Reference Energy Coherent Time Correct Cable ($2.98 a ft. from The Good Guys :wink: .... along with an old pair of Tara Labs RSC-CD Silver interconnects, connected between the EAD dac and the EAR pre.......I cannot say enough good things about what happened next....I have never heard a stereo system sound this holographic before....sounds coming almost from behind my head and depth so deep. It literally sounds like I am in the concert hall, studio, wherever the recording was made, I am there, with all the reverberations etc.

You know when something is going right, or is right, there is that feeling of pure joy......... this, was pure sonic joy :!:  I still can't believe it.....the Jena wire made a huge difference towards this sonic heaven.....I took both the Jena Interconnects out, and the sound did not have that "magical" quality that made for an almost live performance right in the middle of my 2 speakers. The whole sonic timbre is also right on target.   It's uncanny when the speakers are dialed in, and all this stuff works a synergy that is not to be believed :!:  This is fun :hyper:

The Jena Labs interconnects that I am using are:

1 Symphony Digi-link
1 pair Trio Plus Interconnects

Interestingly, I have never seen copper this color before....hard to explain, kind of a very soft rosy color copper. Evidently, it's the purity of the copper that makes it that way. Whatever it is, my system is up a big notch in sound. Expensive, but well worth it.  

Warner and OBT, you guys have to hear the speakers now :!:  :!:
Of couse, I should not forget the EAR amp and preamp.....they sound incredible too, and I know they are working their magic in this mix.  

more to come..............

Soundguy3

warnerwh

RM40's....more incredible impressions with Jena Labs
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2003, 11:37 pm »
That's amazing. Am looking forward to hearing those.  A small part of me almost doesn't want to as I don't have the cash right now and I have a feeling I'll want/need a pair.  The sound before was already quit amazing, scarily excellent.  Will contact you shortly.

KevinW

cool
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2003, 05:33 pm »
Thanks for the mention of our listening session.  Your speakers and system are really quite fantastic, and the Jena Labs cables are an excellent match to VMPS because they are so balanced in the frequency spectrum and transmit extreme amounts of detail.  It was interesting to see just how much difference the higher end cables made compared to the lower end. If anyone wants more info on the Jena Labs cables, I have some pages up on my website now: http://www.solarhifi.com/cables.php