Mid-Atlantic Audio Circle -- Open House at Viva Hifi Dec. 5

Scottdazzle

Viva Hifi is having an open house Saturday, December 5 from 12:00-7:00 pm. Three systems will be set up including new Elac speakers and the new Technics Premium system.  Light refreshments will be served, including beer and wine. Hope to see you then!  PM or email vivahifi@gmail.com for the address.

ModWright, Daedalus, WyWires, Zesto, VPI, Skogrand, Vanatoo, Elac, Technics

Scottdazzle

Re: Mid-Atlantic Audio Circle -- Open House at Viva Hifi Dec. 5
« Reply #1 on: 18 Nov 2015, 10:35 pm »
Hello MAAC and AC members in and around DC,

You're invited to the first ever Viva Hifi (aka my house) open house on Saturday, December 5 from 12:00 noon - 7:00 pm. You will have the chance to hear some of the best new audio components of the year.  Unless you were able to attend Axpona or the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, you probably have not seen or heard these systems.  We'll have four systems set up in four rooms.

Room1: VPI HR-X turntable, Zesto Andros phono preamp, Zesto Leto preamp, Zesto Bia 120 power amp, Daedalus Athena speakers, WyWires and Skogrand cables.

Room 2: ModWright Signature Truth Oppo 105 disc player, ModWright LS-100 preamp, ELAC B5 and F5 speakers. Amplifier tbd.

Room 3: The all-new Technics Premium 700 system (photo attached) with music server, cd player, integrated amp, and speakers.  A very fine system of matched components for listeners in apartments or condos where space is at a premium or for high-end listeners who want a second system in another room.

Room 4: Vanatoo Transparent One powered speakers with any phone or tablet you or I connect to it.  This is the perfect introduction to quality room-filling audio for headphone listeners who want to be able to share their tunes.

I also hope to have a pair of the new Fritz Carrera speakers for this event.  Fritz Speakers are well-known and highly-regarded out west but pretty much unknown here in the east.  Prepare to be pleasantly surprised if you haven't heard Fritz speakers before.

Refreshments will be served (light food, beer, wine, coffee, soda).

Please RSVP if you plan to attend by replying by pm or calling me at 703-304-8038. I'll send the address after I hear from you.  Thanks!  I hope to see you then.

Scott Dalzell
Viva Hifi
Vienna, VA

« Last Edit: 1 Dec 2015, 06:50 pm by Scottdazzle »

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 18 Nov 2015, 11:35 pm »
I will be there after golf. I should be done with golf by 11:30 if there is no frost delay.  Looking forward to it. :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2015, 12:32 am »
Scott really lined up some good affordable gears. 

Don't miss the chance to hear the Elac speakers in person in a home setting.  It will be interesting to hear the Technics lineup at a home too.  You really can't tell how they will sound in a home when you listen to them in hotel rooms at shows.  I haven't heard the new Fritz speakers either.  Of course, there is the Daedalus, Modwright and Zesto main rig that is super but I heard them before many times.  I am really curious about the other "affordable" line up.

I am looking forward to it. :thumb:

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #4 on: 3 Dec 2015, 01:58 am »
I really wish I could go, but we'll be going to see zombies in north Jersey.  Hopefully we'll get some detailed reports.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #5 on: 5 Dec 2015, 04:37 pm »
Today's the day. Come on over! Call 703-304-8038 for directions.  :D

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #6 on: 7 Dec 2015, 01:43 am »
Just wanted to say thanks for your hospitality!  The Elac speakers were truly impressive and the system as a whole with the VPI table and new integrated amp really worked together. We need more great sounding affordable systems like that. Congrats!

willsw

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 7 Dec 2015, 05:31 pm »
Thanks to Scott for opening his house up and letting us come in and listen to such a great variety of systems. I know my father and I were impressed by the Elacs - we left with a pair of the bookshelf speakers (if they didn't have to fit into a suitcase eventually I'm sure the towers would have ended up in our trunk). I'll be interested in seeing what kinds of things Scott brings to Viva (and to possible future open houses?) in the future. Thanks again.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #8 on: 7 Dec 2015, 07:29 pm »
Jon and Will,
Thanks for the nice comments.  I had a great time hosting and getting to see old friends and hopefully making some new ones!
Look for photos soon on the Capital Audio Fest website.
Scott

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 7 Dec 2015, 08:20 pm »
It was fun.  It was great meeting new guys and seeing old friends.

Technics stack and monitors were really good and that is something coming from me since it's all SS, digital and class D. :o

Elac sounded really good but showed some limitations when compared to Fritz new 4K monitors.  Still there is nothing like Elac in its price range.  Scott's VPI integrated driven Elacs sounded better than mine driven by Onkoy pro and Outlaw amp. 8)

Thanks for the hospitality.  It was a pleasure. :thumb:

Scottdazzle

« Reply #10 on: 7 Dec 2015, 09:33 pm »
Woodsyi,

Thanks for all your help, too!  The Technics components have been an eye opener for me.  Once they were broken in the sound got way better than I expected and better than what I heard at CAF and RMAF.  Like you I have a bias toward tube gear (pun not intended) so whenever I hear another technology push my buttons I'm surprised.

Love the Fritz speakers, too.  I'm glad Fritz let us try them out. 

Roscoe Primrose

• DC Audio DIY
« Reply #11 on: 11 Dec 2015, 07:10 pm »
Like you I have a bias toward tube gear (pun not intended)

Solid state gear needs to be properly biased as well, most if it's just not user adjustable....

Roscoe