Sensation "no-brainer"

gcos

Re: Sensation "no-brainer"
« Reply #40 on: 18 Mar 2010, 12:10 pm »
 :drool:
Hey Seth,
Post some pics of interesting Sensation combinations (sides,tops,buttons...)

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2010, 05:34 pm »
Here are some!  If you're finding the configurator insufficient to get the parts you want (ie. the bumble-bee look) on the web-page, just email me (seth@v...) before or after your order.

cynan

« Reply #42 on: 18 Mar 2010, 05:42 pm »
Wow, that Panasonic capacitor is ginormous! (looks especially so in that first M451 pic)

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #43 on: 18 Mar 2010, 05:52 pm »
It's a giant-killer part.  Probably responsible for a large portion of the sonic improvements on Sensation vis a vis the smaller amps.  Just seems to beat the crap out of competing parts costing many times the price.  Roger puts them in all of his Audience amps now.

gcos

« Reply #44 on: 18 Mar 2010, 07:16 pm »
Thanks Seth,
There are a lot of us who are not technofreaks..we are not interested in the innards...we just love the amazing options for the melissa platform..so please show us what some people came up with on the enclosure...

dvenardos

« Reply #45 on: 18 Mar 2010, 08:07 pm »
Hey, did you just call us freaks?  :lol:

There are a lot of us who are not technofreaks.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #46 on: 18 Mar 2010, 08:43 pm »
Zman.. the trade-up ship sailed two weeks ago, but if you're interested in a truly virtuous system, I will be putting together an M451 + Piano offer that should be appealing to you  The M451 is the best platform to "tweak" if you want to upgrade the things we've done on the M901, similarly or differently.  Danny Richie is doing a sonicap version of the ONE.2 which should be sweet and I'm sure he can sell you some wire, cables, and posts to get the most out of your M451.

Gcos... there's a guy in England building carbon fibre tops for his Sensation.  Another guy putting his own veneer on them to match his speakers.  Folks are putting magnets on the chasis and/or setting them on wood blocks to reduce resonance... I'm sure that this is just the beginning of the customization madness...  I love it!

gcos

« Reply #47 on: 18 Mar 2010, 09:05 pm »
 :eyebrows:  sweeeeeett.... Seth could you say what is the thickness of the top panel...I am looking at cutting a granite or porcelain tile to fit... and if you check out my gallery and see my new mahogany rack, I am also planning a mahogany top to match....

dvenardos

« Reply #48 on: 18 Mar 2010, 09:22 pm »
That is gorgeous!  :notworthy:

... and if you check out my gallery and see my new mahogany rack, I am also planning a mahogany top to match....

gcos

« Reply #49 on: 18 Mar 2010, 09:44 pm »
Thanks dvenardos,
I think it is...notice the space next to the Adcom power amp reserved for my 901 !!!!!!

nigelnaim

« Reply #50 on: 19 Mar 2010, 01:09 am »
Zman.. the trade-up ship sailed two weeks ago, but if you're interested in a truly virtuous system, I will be putting together an M451 + Piano offer that should be appealing to you  The M451 is the best platform to "tweak" if you want to upgrade the things we've done on the M901, similarly or differently.  Danny Richie is doing a sonicap version of the ONE.2 which should be sweet and I'm sure he can sell you some wire, cables, and posts to get the most out of your M451.

Gcos... there's a guy in England building carbon fibre tops for his Sensation.  Another guy putting his own veneer on them to match his speakers.  Folks are putting magnets on the chasis and/or setting them on wood blocks to reduce resonance... I'm sure that this is just the beginning of the customization madness...  I love it!

Seth,

Looking forward to the M451 + Piano pricing.  Let us know as soon as possible. 

Xcalibur

« Reply #51 on: 19 Mar 2010, 06:26 pm »
Must be those Panasonic TSED caps that everybody raves about being so impressive for the cost.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #52 on: 21 Mar 2010, 03:18 pm »
I've started a new thread on the M451+Piano combo deal.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=79182.msg753335