Brownies

1ZIP

Brownies
« on: 6 Jan 2011, 07:36 am »
When i was growing up (back when rocks were new) Mom use to make walnut brownies, not the fudge kind, can't stand them, but they were more like cake. I've tried some recipes that say they are "cake brownies" but still too much like fudge.  Anyone have a recipe for actual cake brownies?

IonMoon

• The pause is as important as the note
Re: Brownies
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2011, 02:59 pm »
I like mine chewy and gooey... but my suggestion would be to just experiment. Adding more leavening and less fat would likely make them more cake-like.

Doublej

« Reply #2 on: 8 Jan 2011, 09:05 pm »
Try a box of Duncan Hines and make it according to the cake recipe. That's what my mom did when I was growing up and they were definitely not fudgy.

Alternatively you could just copy their approach and increase the amount of egg by 50% and see what happens.

http://www.duncanhines.com/products/brownies/milk-chocolate-premium-brownie-mix

1ZIP

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jan 2011, 09:13 pm »
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 8 Jan 2011, 09:30 pm »
Ingredients: Sugar, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegtable Oil Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Cream Powder (Cream, Nonfat Milk, Soy Lecithin). Contains 2% Or Less Of: Wheat Starch, Dextrose, Salt, Maltodextrin, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Acacia and Xanthan Gums, Natural and Artificial Flavor (Maltodextrin, Modified Corn Starch, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Natural and Artificial Flavor), Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate).

Yum.

Steve