jello all you garlic lovers !!!!

2bigears

jello all you garlic lovers !!!!
« on: 13 Jan 2014, 09:39 pm »
 :D :D  been wondering this for some time now ,, can anybody help me out please. you slice raw fresh garlic up and eat it on salads or crackers with hummus. it makes people around you want to go Sopranos on you and bury you in the back yard when nobody is watching. but it seems when you cook it, it isn't all that bad. does the stink weed loose some of it's magic after the cooking process ?? 
     I do tend to eat a lot of stink as I'm single. I can eat a bulb with crackers and hummus in 1 sitting. wonder if too much is bad ??
        any help from all you day walkers,, thanks ..
           Pascal     :D :D

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
Re: jello all you garlic lovers !!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2014, 09:44 pm »
We eat garlic almost every night and put the bulbs (peeled) in foil and a bit of olive oil and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. You eat it as you do an artichoke by squeezing it between your teeth. Very good, almost sweet, not bitter

Give it a try. You can by garlic roaster but foil work fine

2bigears

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2014, 09:58 pm »
 :D  you know David,, I have roasted it like that. turns it sweet almost , yes .. .  :D

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2014, 04:01 am »
It probably doesn't lose it good properties without it's pungency if it's a) cooked in rice, for example or b) fried in oil for a minute or two.

Syrah

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2014, 12:04 am »
I'm always very careful with frying it.  I only add it at the last minute to the fry pan, because I can't stand burnt garlic.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2014, 12:22 am »
Just found it:
http://revistavivasaude.uol.com.br/guia/alho-para-combater-inflamacoes/740/
Garlic to combat inflammation, flu and protect the immune system infections :
When garlic is crushed, its main active component stands, allicin, which gives it the characteristic odor. Like it or not, she meets plenty of reasons to be included in the diet friendly heart. Improves cardiovascular health and prevent heart attacks and strokes by different mechanisms. Decreases the clotting ability , making it less likely the phenomenon of platelet aggregation . Result: the blood becomes thinner and more viscous so garlic has been nicknamed "vegetable aspirin ."

Rates reduces inflammation and protects against:
It also lowers cholesterol levels and even has anti - inflammatory properties . This explains the fact that it is widely used to combat infections such as colds, flu , gastroenteritis , oral ulcers, bronchitis and herpes simplex. Join the ability to strengthen the immune system. A reputable food also derives the power to reduce blood pressure by stimulating the dilation of the arteries. Two reviews of studies, signed by the University of Connecticut and other American researchers by Australian scientists from Adelaide University, confirmed this benefit: moderate consumption of garlic collaborates in the treatment of hypertension.

How to use :
The protective effect can be achieved by ingesting is a two teeth per day. To make the most of their properties, however, it should be eaten raw or madicionado at the end of preparation.

Against rust:
Allicin is part of a select team of compounds, even when present in minute doses in foods disrupt harmful chemical transformations. Phytochemicals act on cells, avoiding the rust, hence the name of antioxidants . His presence also prevents the degradation of cholesterol, because of the dreaded plaque in the arteries. Out garlic, this list covers other allies of the heart, such as tomatoes, red grapes, green tea, dark chocolate and olive oil, which can not miss in your table.

Guy 13

« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2014, 02:37 am »
Hi FULLRANGMAN and all Audio Circle members.
If it wasn't for the smell, I would eat more,
however, I do eat lots of (Raw) ognions
and one lime a day in my freshly squeeze orange juice.

Guy 13