Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp

OmahawkSCM

Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp
« on: 6 May 2021, 04:21 pm »
Hello, I have been thoroughly enjoying Omega 3 with Rhythmic F12 for many years. I have used a Yamaha 501 solid state to good results and, most recently, a Musical Parade MP-301 to wonderful results. As is the case with having a family, sacrifices must be made. As of right now, I haven't been using the 2 channel system as it is downstairs and I just don't get time to enjoy it. I am toying with the idea of buying a Sonos Amp,   connecting it via hdmi arc to my upstairs tv, and then connecting my Omega and Rhythmic to it. I know it prob won't sound as good as with tubes. However, has anyone used the Sonos to power their Omegas? Is it a mismatch?

Side note: I realize that I can just get a port to send to my tube amp for $200 less. I am REALLY trying to simplify, at least, for now. Also, since will be connecte3d to the HDMI arc for tv audio, I wouldn't want to have to fire up the tube amp every time I wanted to watch a little tv.

Another note: I already have a Sonos 5.1 system, 2 more Sonos Ones, and a Sonos Roam in operation.

tl;dr Does the Sonos Amp work well with Omega 3?

Thanks,

Scott

Doody

• Troublemaker
Re: Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2021, 06:39 pm »
I've played with every SONOS product over the last 8 years or so, but never the AMP. I cannot imagine that it wouldn't work well given the efficiency of the Omegas. I can't imagine it's anything but a "good" amp though - just solid stuff - nothing special/magical/exceptional.

Good luck and let us know here if you try it out!

Doody

milkplus

Re: Experience with Omega 3 and Sonos Amp/Connect:Amp
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2024, 06:50 am »
Hello, I have been thoroughly enjoying Omega 3 with Rhythmic F12 for many years. I have used a Yamaha 501 solid state to good results and, most recently, a Musical Parade MP-301 to wonderful results. As is the case with having a family, sacrifices must be made. As of right now, I haven't been using the 2 channel system as it is downstairs and I just don't get time to enjoy it. I am toying with the idea of buying a Sonos Amp,   connecting it via hdmi arc to my upstairs tv, and then connecting my Omega and Rhythmic to it. I know it prob won't sound as good as with tubes. However, has anyone used the Sonos to power their Omegas? Is it a mismatch?

Side note: I realize that I can just get a port to send to my tube amp for $200 less. I am REALLY trying to simplify, at least, for now. Also, since will be connecte3d to the HDMI arc for tv audio, I wouldn't want to have to fire up the tube amp every time I wanted to watch a little tv.

Another note: I already have a Sonos 5.1 system, 2 more Sonos Ones, and a Sonos Roam in operation.

tl;dr Does the Sonos Amp work well with Omega 3?

Thanks,

Scott

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just wondering if you ever ended up with that Sonos Amp and, if so, what the results were?

I'm thinking of doing the same with a pair of CAMs.