NuForce/Amphion not at 2012 RMAF?

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
NuForce/Amphion not at 2012 RMAF?
« on: 8 Oct 2012, 08:04 pm »
Didn't see either on the list of vendors, why not?

Charles Xavier

Re: NuForce/Amphion not at 2012 RMAF?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Oct 2012, 08:10 pm »
I think they attend CES

JLM

« Reply #2 on: 8 Oct 2012, 11:50 pm »
OK, but can't they also do RMAF?  They've done other shows together around the world.  I'd love to read more regular audiophile impressions of the DDA-100 with Amphion Ion+.

worldcat

« Reply #3 on: 9 Oct 2012, 10:35 pm »
They never do i don't know why.  This is the show to be at to show your equipment, ces is more for dealers and distributors.  Nuforce is pretty low fi now!

JLM

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2012, 08:59 am »
They never do i don't know why.  This is the show to be at to show your equipment, ces is more for dealers and distributors.  Nuforce is pretty low fi now!

Low fi?   :o  I see them as everything fi and pretty good at it.  Check out their website for offerings and many, many positive reviews of their high-end, desk-top, and even ear-buds.  Not many companies bridge such a wide range of pocketbooks in any consumer products as its so easy to not be taken seriously at the higher range stuff.

worldcat

« Reply #5 on: 10 Oct 2012, 07:35 pm »
They are developing more things in low-fi market not the high-fi market.  Their hifi things are getting by passed by other class d makers.  I have lots of their products and i really like them but i have other really hifi gear that is better.

JLM

« Reply #6 on: 11 Oct 2012, 08:55 am »
They are developing more things in low-fi market not the high-fi market.  Their hifi things are getting by passed by other class d makers.  I have lots of their products and i really like them but i have other really hifi gear that is better.

I don't know what's going on inside NuForce product development, but can't be easy to develop all the stuff they keep rolling out without "neglecting" some.  It almost seems like they find a need and fill it.  And IMO probably a smart move to focus on low-fi during tough times and develop a loyal base that can eventually move up.  The risk of course is "tarnishing" the reputation by offering anything less than State Of The Art (like Mercedes Benz not offering their "A" and "B" series cars here in the U.S.).

worldcat

« Reply #7 on: 14 Oct 2012, 03:38 am »
This is probably true.  It's hard to be all things to all people.

John Casler

« Reply #8 on: 16 Oct 2012, 03:38 am »
There actually is a quite large group of new products and models that (with a little luck) will see the light of day around CES or sooner.

I am sworn to secrecy regarding what they are, but I am pretty excited about them, and most of them will certainly be in MY PERSONAL system.

We have also discussed the possibilities of being at additional shows in the future.  I will report the schedules if those occur.

I believe we will also see a NEW or updated Website being put up shortly.

audiofill

« Reply #9 on: 16 Oct 2012, 10:46 am »
New website up and running  8)