ST-10 and DAC-10 placement... which goes on top?

rustydoglim

Re: ST-10 and DAC-10 placement... which goes on top?
« Reply #20 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:31 pm »
I am amazed by the passionate reply to a single question. Thanks for the enthusiasm.

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #21 on: 2 Jun 2017, 05:46 pm »
Indeed a lot of help and enthusiasm! Thanks friends!

Ok, so... PhilA had also recommended those teflon furniture sliders that in1unison recommends.  Those may (I must emphasize 'may' as I haven't found them yet) be available locally.  One quick question regarding those: will they make the speakers 'dance' on top of the table being prone to falling?

Have you ever been to a party where enthusiastic young boys put speakers on high tables to get more sound only to have the speaker fall to the ground after beeing vibrating for a few hours? LOL! I am not going to be playing that loud, but we have a young kid in the house who often comes jumping into the room.  Will these feet make the speakers 'float' on top of the table and be prone to easily moving like those Curling Pucks trying to reach their mark? :)

I'm searching locally, very little luck.  I can't even find the local name for rubber isolators, the closest thing is acoustic foam for wall sound conditioning.

Thanks again,
Rafa.

damguz

« Reply #22 on: 2 Jun 2017, 08:31 pm »
Rafa

For the speakers look into Isoacoustics.  Generally sold in this country at stores like Guitar Center and Sweetwater.  Probably a source in your country too.

+1  I have the Isoacoustics and they do their job.

Phil A

« Reply #23 on: 3 Jun 2017, 12:55 am »
@Phil A

Nice setup!

Thanks so much

Phil A

« Reply #24 on: 3 Jun 2017, 01:13 am »
Indeed a lot of help and enthusiasm! Thanks friends!

Ok, so... PhilA had also recommended those teflon furniture sliders that in1unison recommends.  Those may (I must emphasize 'may' as I haven't found them yet) be available locally.  One quick question regarding those: will they make the speakers 'dance' on top of the table being prone to falling?

Have you ever been to a party where enthusiastic young boys put speakers on high tables to get more sound only to have the speaker fall to the ground after beeing vibrating for a few hours? LOL! I am not going to be playing that loud, but we have a young kid in the house who often comes jumping into the room.  Will these feet make the speakers 'float' on top of the table and be prone to easily moving like those Curling Pucks trying to reach their mark? :)

I'm searching locally, very little luck.  I can't even find the local name for rubber isolators, the closest thing is acoustic foam for wall sound conditioning.

Thanks again,
Rafa.

Rafa - try a hardware store.  Here in the US we have Home Depot and Lowe's.  They may have a variety of products that may appeal to you.  Stuff that looks like - http://www.target.com/p/magic-felt-value-pack-132-pk/-/A-11154060?lnk=rec|adaptpdph3|viewed_bought|adaptpdph3|11154060|4    or   
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3674845&KPID=998141&cid=CAPLA:G:Shopping_-_Floor_Care&pla=pla_998141&k_clickid=a9fe1454-c0ef-4c99-82a6-b0d76963e0f2

It would be gentle on each piece of equipment and provide a drop more space between components and not make it look messy.  You can use a combo as the felt pads are not thick (I never take the paper covering the sticky side off).  That's a similar approach to what I did between my music server and preamp (and you can see the pic)

PS - I have to compliment your website.  Your photos are beautiful.  If I did any sort of artwork (everyone has different talents), it would belong on the fridge with a magnet holding it up :lol:

Genez

« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2017, 01:53 am »
One option for stacking ...

I so happened to have laying around an Isoacoustics speaker stand for speakers I no longer used...  I did not choose to stack my pre and amp,  but could have.  Here is a picture of what the stand can accomplish for giving space and air between the stacked units.  I just chose not to stack because I had the shelf space,  but wanted the amp sitting higher to guarantee the best ventilation.

A near perfect fit for the St-10 and DAC 10 combination could be this option...   Its a subwoofer stand.

IsoAcoustic stands give both vibration isolation and ventilation in one piece. 

This model (ISO-L8R200Sub) measures 7.87 inches, by just under 10 inches.

For price you can check here

https://www.amazon.com/IsoAcoustics-ISO-L8R200-Sub-Large-Single/dp/B00F3JJ9DM

Genez

« Reply #26 on: 23 Jun 2017, 04:41 pm »
On an added note....

The NuPrime has its own fixed isolation feet beneath the equipment.   Not sure how the IsoAcoustics would be a match in that case. 

The smaller speaker stand I used with my amp had the stand's isolation cups rest just inside the amp's feet.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2017, 07:10 pm by Genez »

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jun 2017, 07:50 pm »
Thanks for the suggestions once more.  For the time being, I'm keeping them stacked with their own isolation legs.  I really hope its enough space.  Where we live temperatures and not that high, so I'm hopping that the half-inch clearance of the ST-10 is enough, as the DAC-10 is usually not that hot.

If I detect heating issues, I may test into other options (or even side-by-side scenario)

Thanks again,
Rafa.

Westerwälder

« Reply #28 on: 12 May 2018, 07:09 am »

RafaPolit

• www.rafaelpolit.com
« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2018, 08:52 am »
Lovely! I don't have the ludjury of such an area, but it certainly looks great.

Westerwälder

« Reply #30 on: 12 May 2018, 03:42 pm »
Hello Rafa Polit,
I have your contribution and the photos
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150549.msg1616180#msg1616180
seen. With the arrangement of the components one could rearrange the priorities.
The distance of the electronics to the speakers is very oriented to the right (very close to the right speaker)
My experience has shown that the stereo triangle and the arrangement of the electronics plays a role in the reproduction and the auditory impressions.
My personal feeling would tend in your arrangement of the devices rather to a symmetrical lineup. I would place the NuPrimes next to each other and in the middle between the speakers.
It would be worth a try, the combination is not that costly.
I've been following your reports for a while, and I love the NuPrime electronics.
Greetings from Germany (With translator)