Small-ish Amps- Quality vs Quantity? 8-25 watts?

OzarkTom

Re: Small-ish Amps- Quality vs Quantity? 8-25 watts?
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 12:16 am »
My buddy Rex owned a Pass J2 amp but switched to the Rossi LIO. Since then he bought the DAC SMT int. with the 36v PSU. The SMT is his favorite of all time. SMT was going to be put in his desktop system, but he made a mistake hooking up to his main system. It puts out about 40-50 wpc with the 36v PSU. Rex is now seriously thinking about trying this Burson Bang amp with the 20% off special. My friend maybe a little obsessive, but he loves this hobby. :thumb:

rodge827

« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 12:23 am »
What I had in mind was the group of small wattage amps, just bigger than the flea watt crowd.  The little SET three or four watt amps get a lot of discussion, but the next group up seems to be overlooked.  I was kinda wondering why.  My Dodd 14 watt 6qb5 amps do a lot of things right, but they are in a power range that doesn't get much discussion.  Simply asking what others experience is.
Ok got it...Last Feb I picked up a pair of ANK 300b SET Interstage mono blocks 8w. Very nice sounding amps that sound great with my horns.

opnly bafld

« Reply #42 on: Yesterday at 01:12 am »
.............Or the SEP Fire Bottle designs that Dennis Had has been kicking out lately.

FWIW
Mostly SET for quite a while now.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:48 pm by opnly bafld »

Captainhemo

« Reply #43 on: Yesterday at 05:52 pm »
A bit out of  the power  range  but there's been a few other's posted here.... Don's contemplating  on selling thise
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146403.msg1566535#msg1566535

jay