Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

Sonny

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« on: 17 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm »
Hey there all,

I have just recently moved back up to the PNW, Gig Harbor, WA., about 42 miles Southwest of Seattle from Oakland, and wanted to see if there are enough members here to make something happen. 

I know it's a big area with Vancouver BC to the North and Portland to the South, however, that may be a stretch, 3-4 hours from BC and 2-3 hours from Portland. 

So, is there enough interests for a PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

Let's take a pole!

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2016, 12:37 am »
I am almost 2 hours south of Portland and I am would consider making a trip north.   If nothing else I need would end up at Lou's shop to the north of you.

And it would be my guess that with the population base surrounding you that a DAC shoot out would be spectacular.  And that is not to mention  the pub crawl before or after :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2016, 01:35 am »
Hey Tuan, good to hear you are settling in. Screw the rain I don't melt, but the traffic sucks. Don't know how regularly I'd be able to brave the horde, but I'd be up for it every now & then. Particularly in summer & fall. Due to aging eyesight, and the total lack of anything resembling standardized headlight alignment any more I rarely do any night driving. Oh for the days of the Cibie Z beam, designed to light the road without blinding oncoming drivers. Anyway, I know there's a number of area locals here at AC, but time will tell what can be pulled together.

I'll keep an eye on the thread, keep us posted.  :thumb:

JD

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2016, 02:57 am »
Hello, Tuan.

If I'm home (not wandering Taiwan or N. America), I'd be interested. Aldcoll and I are practically neighbors, so we could potentially drive up together.

Keep us posted for dates and such.

Michael

Sonny

« Reply #4 on: 18 Mar 2016, 03:33 pm »
Guys (Michael, JD and Aldcoll),

Thanks for the message and interests.  Yes, we should plan on this spring, how does that sound for you guys?  Let's pick some dates, perhaps in Mid-Late April / May?  Weekends?  Saturday vs Sunday?

Let me know what works and if you'd like to host or not.

Tuan

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #5 on: 18 Mar 2016, 04:36 pm »
Hi Tuan,

I'm a bit North of you in Port Townsend. I might be interested in attending a get together.

Roy

Sonny

« Reply #6 on: 18 Mar 2016, 05:13 pm »
Roy, that's not too far and plus the drive will be awesome!  We can also come up!
Tuan

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2016, 03:22 am »
Guys (Michael, JD and Aldcoll),

Thanks for the message and interests.  Yes, we should plan on this spring, how does that sound for you guys?  Let's pick some dates, perhaps in Mid-Late April / May?  Weekends?  Saturday vs Sunday?

Let me know what works and if you'd like to host or not.

Tuan

Tuan, at that time of this spring I hope to be recovering from back surgery. I will be hosting a GTG at my house on April 16 :thumb:

So as I understand it long drives will be off my list for maybe a year.  But then again I have avoided some for a while.  So in the not to far future I will be in the area as a trip to Ferndale has been on the list for years.

But keep me posted I will show up and you might just regret it :slap:

Alan

Jpktenere

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2016, 12:06 am »
Hi I am in Everett Wa. I have been into hifi for about 15 years would love to get involved with a local club or group

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2016, 04:43 pm »
I live at the North end of Lake WA. just No. of Seattle and would really enjoy meeting some people in the area to share this hobby with.

I actually built an audio room/guest house earlier this year which is a dedicated space people are more than welcome to use.

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2016, 05:05 pm »
Hi Tuan,

JakeJ here checking in from Eastern Washington!  I'd be interested, I have a sister in West Seattle I can camp out at if needed.  Recently acquired a Metrum Acoustics HEX DAC that is easily transportable.  Or I can make some great food!

Besides I have to come over soon and pick up that X350.5!  Well before spring!

Greetings and salutations from the desert,
Jake

Sonny

« Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2016, 10:58 pm »
Hi Tuan,

JakeJ here checking in from Eastern Washington!  I'd be interested, I have a sister in West Seattle I can camp out at if needed.  Recently acquired a Metrum Acoustics HEX DAC that is easily transportable.  Or I can make some great food!

Besides I have to come over soon and pick up that X350.5!  Well before spring!

Greetings and salutations from the desert,
Jake
Yes Jake, the 350.5 is waiting for you, but it's holding down the house!

Sonny

« Reply #12 on: 29 Sep 2016, 10:59 pm »
So sorry guys.  Been crazy with the move and unpacking and work that I've fallen off the site.

Yes, I am now settled and ready to get a get together going!

Anyone want to host?  Say early November?

T

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 29 Sep 2016, 11:13 pm »
So sorry guys.  Been crazy with the move and unpacking and work that I've fallen off the site.

Yes, I am now settled and ready to get a get together going!

Anyone want to host?  Say early November?

T

I would be happy to host, it looks like I'm somewhat centrally located although we are all over the map so to speak. The weekend of the 14th wouldn't work and of course Thanksgiving is out but otherwise I'm open. Like I said I have a new separate building that my audio gear is set up in, has a full kitchen and bath. I'm working on room treatments but don't have any yet. I would also need to get some more seating in the space, just a couch now.

Jakej, I have a metrum octave that I currently use so it would be fun to compare that to your Hex.

If you guys think another location is better for most people that's great just let everyone know what you think.

rpw

« Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2016, 11:28 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/pnwaudiosociety#

Meets every second Tuesday of the month at Kirkland Womens Club.

Guests and new members always welcome.

rpw

JakeJ

« Reply #15 on: 30 Sep 2016, 04:52 am »
https://www.facebook.com/pnwaudiosociety#

Meets every second Tuesday of the month at Kirkland Womens Club.

Guests and new members always welcome.

rpw
So do they setup a system at the KWC?  If not then what happens at a meeting?  Just discussion?  If they do setup a system seems like a bit of a pain.  Or maybe build one out of equipment brought by members.  That would be interesting, a stereo potluck.

Yes Jake, the 350.5 is waiting for you, but it's holding down the house!

Cool!  No, wait, hot!  Well, in the event of a flood your house won't float away. 
I would be happy to host, it looks like I'm somewhat centrally located although we are all over the map so to speak. The weekend of the 14th wouldn't work and of course Thanksgiving is out but otherwise I'm open. Like I said I have a new separate building that my audio gear is set up in, has a full kitchen and bath. I'm working on room treatments but don't have any yet. I would also need to get some more seating in the space, just a couch now.

Jakej, I have a metrum octave that I currently use so it would be fun to compare that to your Hex.

If you guys think another location is better for most people that's great just let everyone know what you think.

Happy to travel.  My place might host 4 tops.

Would love to compare the two Metrum products.

Jake

Sonny

« Reply #16 on: 1 Oct 2016, 03:54 am »
Jake, you will have to come and help me with the Pass!  It's definitely a BEAST!  All 138 lbs of it! 

I am game for a HTG !  Can we all confirm?  Let's do a poll on who can and can't make it!

Greg are you still offering to host?

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #17 on: 1 Oct 2016, 07:22 am »
Jake, you will have to come and help me with the Pass!  It's definitely a BEAST!  All 138 lbs of it! 

I am game for a HTG !  Can we all confirm?  Let's do a poll on who can and can't make it!

Greg are you still offering to host?

I'm happy to have whomever would like to come. My building is 20'x30'x10' and dedicated to audio. Any days work except for the above mentioned. 

Current equipment: Joule Electra 150 MK11-SE Preamp (tube), Butler Audio 2250 (hybrid) amp or (class D) Crown xls1500, 2012 mac mini using Audirvana, Metrum Octave dac, Pure i20 ipad/iphone doc, Sinxter USB/SPDIF converter and GR Research Super V's (open baffle).

You are all welcome to bring whatever you would like and it is easy to swap gear in and out. For me that would be a lot of fun and I look forward to meeting some of the people that share the same passion that I do.

JakeJ

« Reply #18 on: 1 Oct 2016, 01:24 pm »
I'm game and can work with the dates that Greg picks, since he is offering to host.  I will bring my HEX and a chef's knife!   :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #19 on: 1 Oct 2016, 03:51 pm »
Nice Greg and Jake! 

Greg pick a Saturday that works for you or a Sunday and let's do it!

Tuan