CIAudio at CES 2006

CIAudio

CIAudio at CES 2006
« on: 22 Dec 2005, 04:35 am »
CIAudio will be exhibiting in several rooms at the CES in Las Vegas.
All current products will be playing somewhere at the Alexis Park.

Room 2511 with Von Schweikert Audio
1st room-Von Schweikert's new VSX-M 5.1 speaker system driven by
five CIAudio D•200 Monoblocks

2nd room-CIAudio VPC•2/VDA•2/D•200's
Von Schweikert VR-4JR Loudspeakers

Room 2051 with ModWright/Pen Audio
1st room-ModWright/Denon 3910 tube mod CD player & SWL 9.0 Preamp
CIAudio D•200's
Pen Audio Serenade Loudspeakers

2nd room-CIAudio VPC•2/VDA•2/D•100's
ModWright/Sony CD player (as transport)
Pen Audio Alba Loudspeakers
Headphone System CIAudio VHP•1/VAC•1/Senn 650's

Room 1655 with Gingko/ModWright
ModWright/Denon 3910 tube mod CD player & SWL 9.0 Preamp
VPI ScoutMaster/CIAudio VPP•1
CIAudio D•200's
Gingko Tubulous Loudspeakers

Music Direct-Alexis Park Ballroom (space 27)
Headphone System VDA•2/VHP•1/VAC•1's/Senn HD 600's

Hope to see you there!

Grover

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2006, 02:57 am »
Dusty -

I'm looking forward to seeing you and hearing your gear at CES this year.   In another thread about six weeks ago, you mentioned you were trying to get a local winemaker to serve wine at one of your rooms.  Did this ever come about?

CIAudio

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2006, 04:35 am »
Quote from: Grover
Dusty -

I'm looking forward to seeing you and hearing your gear at CES this year.   In another thread about six weeks ago, you mentioned you were trying to get a local winemaker to serve wine at one of your rooms.  Did this ever come about?

I look forward to meeting you and other AC members there.
Greg was working on the wine thing but I think he ran into some legal issues  :(

CIAudio

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2006, 07:34 am »
Quote from: Grover
Dusty -

Greg left me a message saying "bring a corkscrew", so maybe you're in luck  :wink:

Grover

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2006, 03:13 pm »
Have Corkscrew, Will Travel. :)

By the way, my wife gave me a very nice card at Christmas which contained a "Permission Slip" for a new VDA2.  She didn't actually call it a VDA2, but called it "that preamp or converter thingy we talked about."  Sweet!

CIAudio

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jan 2006, 05:41 am »
Thanks to all who stopped by our room(s) for a listen. It was nice to meet many of the AC members and see the regulars we've met at previous shows.

The Penaudio/ModWright/CIAudio room was a big success. We had it setup for a rather small "sweetspot", but tonal balance and imaging were spot-on if you got a chance to sit there. Steve Hoffman heard us playing one of his recordings and came in to have a listen...he stated he'd never heard "Latin ala Lee" sound so good, not even in the studio when they re-mastered it!

VDA-2 was also a big hit in the 2nd room of an all CIAudio system driving the new Penaudio Alba's.

The Gingko/ModWright/CIAudio system also received alot of praise from visitors. Vinh & Norm were spinning vinyl on my ScoutMaster/VPP-1 and the Tubulous loudspeakers were quite impressive being driven by the SWL 9.0/D-200 combo.

The Von Schwiekert 5.1 system was also very impressive. I'm not a HT guy, but 4 powered subs, 5 of the new VSM on-wall speakers driven by 5 D-200's was really fun (although it was too loud for me). Do people really watch movies that way?

In the side room, the VR-4JR's also sounded very good with all CIAudio electronics. This was a small room and far from ideal, but it sounded great anyway.

We gave away alot of CIAudio carry bags. It was cool to see them everywhere.

A big thanks to Dan Wright (who was sick the whole show and tuffed it out), Tommi & Sami of Penaudio, Albert and crew at Von Schweikert, Vinh & Norm in the Gingko room,  and everyone else who helped make the show a success.

Eduardo AAVM

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jan 2006, 07:16 am »
Dusty , congratulations I have read only good and very good comments for your new products... Cheers !

CIAudio

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jan 2006, 03:36 pm »
Thanks Eduardo...I was hoping to see you there...did you attend the show this year?

-Dusty-

Eduardo AAVM

CIAudio at CES 2006
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jan 2006, 05:11 pm »
Hi Dusty, no, not this time... But I hope we will meet soon in another exhibition...