What is Your Everyday Music?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
What is Your Everyday Music?
« on: 3 Jun 2018, 05:35 am »
Since the 1990s my every day music are Krautrock, Ambient Music and anything Prog as Tangerine Dream and Steve Roach.

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: What is Your Everyday Music?
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2018, 11:09 am »
Since the 1990s my every day music are Krautrock, Ambient Music and anything Prog as Tangerine Dream and Steve Roach.

Are you the guy with the hat on in that pic?

For me, it varies. Just finished listening to Rosanne Cash's catalog. Before that it was anything Bob Dylan which includes 20+ cover albums with various artists doing Bob/s work. Before that I was on a Nick Cave tear. Lyle Lovett, Willie Nelson, Lorde, Joni Mitchell, Prince, Katie Melua, Brad Mehldau, I never know where it's going.

Easier to say what's my never day music: prog (sorry) or any of it's derivatives, pop country, metal, hard rock, rap. Music that doesn't speak to me.

edit: Should say, on occasion I will hear a rap song with lyrics that make sit up and listen; the music though, wears me out.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jun 2018, 11:21 am »
No but Iam as old as him LOL

Slam

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jun 2018, 09:34 pm »
I listen to most anything but my general preference is for reggae. I also love African music, which encompasses an enormous amount of different styles.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2018, 09:47 pm »
In the 70s I used to listen Osibisa and Manu Dibango that had a world wide hit with Soul Makossa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF92yOsv3Y8

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #5 on: 8 Jun 2018, 06:15 am »
I have been playing a lot of new music lately, but I do find myself coming back to some easy Jazz by Fourplay.

JayM

« Reply #6 on: 8 Jun 2018, 08:25 am »
I start every morning rnorning with a bit of Bach.

dig_a_pony

« Reply #7 on: 26 Jun 2018, 08:49 am »
Françoise Hardy is my perfect accompaniment to stay cheerful

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2018, 05:24 pm »
Wow Françoise Hardy was a beauty icon in the 1960s.
In this impressive video Françoise appear with her good looking boy-friend Iggy Pop long before he was punk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17blGl9yAeI

dig_a_pony

« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2018, 09:00 am »
Wow Françoise Hardy was a beauty icon in the 1960s.
In this impressive video Françoise appear with her good looking boy-friend Iggy Pop long before he was punk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17blGl9yAeI
I'm stunned, it's such a beautiful duo. FullRangeMan, thanks a million! you made my day really :D :thumb:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2018, 05:05 pm »
In 2011 & 12 Iggy came back to his old love romantic French songs w/a new album, wish all good luck to Iggy in this new direction on his surprising musical life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJJnGrfd9_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tr3RZY7O6M
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2018, 06:16 pm by FullRangeMan »

twitch54

« Reply #11 on: 27 Jun 2018, 08:58 pm »
every morning on the way to the gym it's XM/Sirius, 60's with Phlash Phelps !

as for my home rig it'a all about the mood ........Classic Rock, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Classical, Big Band

JoshK

« Reply #12 on: 27 Jun 2018, 09:11 pm »
Extreme metal.

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
« Reply #13 on: 27 Jun 2018, 10:12 pm »
Hey Now,

Re-mastered live Grateful Dead.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

richidoo

« Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2018, 01:53 am »
I like everything, but bebop is all that matters really to me

I don't need audiophile gear for 75 year old recordings, so what am I doing here?  :scratch:

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 28 Jun 2018, 02:03 am »
I don't need audiophile gear for 75 year old recordings, so what am I doing here?
Wow this conclusion is very important,
but I not sure your equipment is cheap.
I even did not know you liked Be Bop...

Emsquare

« Reply #16 on: 7 Jul 2018, 03:07 pm »
Every day music? I tend to get a taste for something and that's where I will hang for a while. I came across Snarky Puppy around Thanksgiving last year. All from a random comment on YouTube comment where someone said they would like to see Haitus Kaiyote open for Snarky Puppy. I dialed them up and have been deep diving on them since then. Before that it was relearning the King Crimson catalog. I had lost track of KC after Three of a Perfect Pair. I think it was Tom Waits before that.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #17 on: 7 Jul 2018, 06:06 pm »
 Live recorded Straight ahead Jazz, Blues and Classical. Acoustic folk/rock. Some nostalgia rock now and then, mostly then.

charles

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #18 on: 7 Jul 2018, 06:23 pm »
Jazz has been in my ears nearly every day lately. Simultaneously, it's the music that confuses me the most, and yet at times, it seems to be the only music that makes sense.

I've also had a fascination with Bach, Beethoven, and Debussy lately, even fiddling around with guitar arrangements for this music...which I am totally unqualified to do.