Future Song3-A Owner

saygrr

Re: Future Song3 Owner
« Reply #40 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:25 pm »
What are the odds of 2 members posting on the same thread to each other at the same time? Thanks for the photo johzel. Very nice. How long have you had them and what did they replace?

johzel

« Reply #41 on: 1 Apr 2017, 04:33 pm »
What are the odds of 2 members posting on the same thread to each other at the same time? Thanks for the photo johzel. Very nice. How long have you had them and what did they replace?

I've had them since late December.  I had a pair of Silk AT's (Silks made with the Audio Technology driver).  Liked those a great deal and wondered what using those drivers in a floorstander might be like.  I asked if we could use them in a Song3 design and Jim suggested I consider using a beryllium tweeter with the AT midrange. These are the result.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #42 on: 1 Apr 2017, 06:52 pm »
I have always put my money into the other parts of the system so I cannot give an A-B answer that x speaker was made y better with upgraded crossover parts. I believe what the experts say and that it is subtle. Don't know a number to put on it. I would hope for 20% improvement myself.

What would the rest of your system be? I would always recommend a better dac or better cables - only based on me never having invested in crossover components.

PJam1995

« Reply #43 on: 1 Apr 2017, 11:48 pm »
Very happy with my Song 3

wow! Those look great

Big Red Machine

« Reply #44 on: 2 Apr 2017, 12:22 am »
i AM ALWAYS A SUCKER FOR WALNUT. Stately.

boniccie

« Reply #45 on: 2 Apr 2017, 12:49 pm »
Thank you, they really do look and sound gorgeous ☺

ClarkFan

« Reply #46 on: 6 Apr 2017, 06:41 pm »
I do.  Not all that far from you.  You're more than welcome to come for a listen yourself.  Return home with a car full of Spotted Cow and pay for the trip  :thumb:

Seems like loading a car full of spotted cow would be a lot of trouble.....

johzel

« Reply #47 on: 6 Apr 2017, 07:12 pm »
Seems like loading a car full of spotted cow would be a lot of trouble.....

What a bunch of bull!!  :duh:   :lol:

hearditontheX

« Reply #48 on: 17 Apr 2017, 05:36 pm »
Song 3 Accuton's are no longer hidden gems, http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=Song3-A:D

Big Red Machine

« Reply #49 on: 17 Apr 2017, 06:41 pm »
Yes, they will be in Room 408 at Axpona with Schiit Audio.

hearditontheX

« Reply #50 on: 24 Apr 2017, 12:13 pm »
Checked the status of my speakers and they are at 23%, Cabinets Glued Up. "All" that's left is the purtying up and the testing. Giggity.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #51 on: 24 Apr 2017, 02:28 pm »
I'm guessing a bunch of Song3 sales will be forthcoming after many folks remarked that 408 was the best sounding room at Axpona. Of course it will not win any official prize but  folks were blown away by how good the system sounded (for the money).

hearditontheX

« Reply #52 on: 24 Apr 2017, 03:17 pm »
I'm guessing a bunch of Song3 sales will be forthcoming after many folks remarked that 408 was the best sounding room at Axpona. Of course it will not win any official prize but  folks were blown away by how good the system sounded (for the money).
I've been looking for reviews but have not found anything so far.

It's great to hear that Salk is getting more great word of ear.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #53 on: 24 Apr 2017, 05:07 pm »
Stereophile has a positive review of the room, which includes the Accutons, but it's focused on Schiit.   Stereophile also loved the Exotica's, although half of the review is complaining about the rude people in the room yakking and taking up two center chairs.   Update:   Jim just wrote to say that the Stereophile reviewer was actually listening to the Song Encores and didn't realize it.  Hopefully he'll edit the review.  I was there on Saturday and was very happy with the way they sounded, even in the perfectly square listening room with the usual bass modes.   
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2017, 06:28 pm by DMurphy »

hearditontheX

« Reply #54 on: 24 Apr 2017, 08:01 pm »
Thanks, Dennis. After reading those reviews, I was left wanting for Salk content.
« Last Edit: 24 Apr 2017, 10:18 pm by hearditontheX »

hearditontheX

« Reply #55 on: 25 Apr 2017, 04:42 pm »

hearditontheX

« Reply #56 on: 2 May 2017, 11:52 am »
34% done ...... ugh, the wait is excruciating.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #57 on: 2 May 2017, 12:38 pm »
HomeTheaterHiFi had some kind words about the Song3-A, http://hometheaterhifi.com/features/show-reports-film-festivals-concerts/axpona-2017-highlights/

Thanks for sending. A nice, albeit brief, review. The fire extinquisher on the floor in front of the rack is perhaps not the best comment on the merits of the amplification.

hearditontheX

« Reply #58 on: 10 May 2017, 12:17 pm »
46% done, Sealer Coat 1 finished. woo hoo.

johzel

« Reply #59 on: 10 May 2017, 12:34 pm »
46% done, Sealer Coat 1 finished. woo hoo.
:thumb: