Fender turntable

Emil

Fender turntable
« on: 16 Feb 2022, 07:04 pm »

VinceT

Re: Fender turntable
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2022, 07:37 pm »
Glad to see it is made in the US

I have a sunbust MIA Fender Jazz bass, so this is super cool. The only thing I would caution is the swamp ash base, while very cool; it is a tone wood used in guitars for a reason.

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2022, 10:45 pm »
Glad to see it is made in the US

I have a sunbust MIA Fender Jazz bass, so this is super cool. The only thing I would caution is the swamp ash base, while very cool; it is a tone wood used in guitars for a reason.

I think this is designed more to be looked at than to be listened to, so it probably doesn't matter. Marshall and Gibson are doing the same thing, putting their names on home and personal audio products because nobody wants to put in the effort to actually learn to play an instrument anymore so guitar sales are in the shi++er, possibly never to recover.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2022, 12:48 am »
Well another me too product as usual currently, no even attention to detail the on/off switch located in the sunburst area.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2022, 02:09 am »
I would be surprised if Fender was directing this at the audiophile crowd. Likely younger people with brand recognition. Nothing wrong with that. They are in business to make money. Until the "Experts" listen to it, VPI and the other higher quality equipment manufacturers shouldn't get their panties in a bunch over it.
I like the sunburst finish. Then again, I have a lot of Fender guitars and amps. I won't purchase one of these as I'm very pleased with the tt I built. For those that cannot build their own or purchase more costly turntables I can see where it would be a purchase as a sense of pride. What's wrong with that?
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2022, 02:17 pm by Bob2 »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2022, 03:26 am »
Too bad this TT dont have a Fender knob on the ON/OFF switch.
Seems it was designed hastily by a person that unknow guitars  :scratch:

Craig B

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2022, 12:11 pm »
It's not made by Fender - it's a special 1000-unit limited edition model of Mobile Fidelity's PrecisionDeck turntable. As I understand it, Fender supplies the plinth and the rest is MoFi.

sunnydaze

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2022, 01:22 pm »

I think this is designed more to be looked at than to be listened to, ............

Dunno about that.  As Craig says, it's made by MoFi and their decks get positive reviews, so it probably sounds at
least "good".  Does it sound $3,500 good?    :dunno:

Looks sweet, that's for sure!

twitch54

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2022, 02:00 pm »
it probably sounds at least "good".  Does it sound $3,500 good?    :dunno:

I suspect not even close. In that price range I'd be looking towards Rega or Technics

Emil

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2022, 05:25 pm »
Now THIS is a guitartable

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2022, 05:31 pm »
is this cool or what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Cx1eecD0g

Is that designed/built like a Nottingham Innerspace Jr/Pear Audio Little John?

SET Man

« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2022, 08:09 pm »
Dunno about that.  As Craig says, it's made by MoFi and their decks get positive reviews, so it probably sounds at
least "good".  Does it sound $3,500 good?    :dunno:

Looks sweet, that's for sure!

Hey!

Don't know how much improvement you gain over the MoFi's table that this is based on for more money. Well, definitely you do pay for custom paint job there for sure. I think you need to pair it with a system that goes up to 11!

As for the look? Not my cup of tea there.

Buddy