Low wattage solid state amplifiers?

Shawn3997

Low wattage solid state amplifiers?
« on: 24 Feb 2021, 03:51 am »
Does anyone other than First Watt offer low-wattage, high-quality SS power amps?  I have 98dB speakers and I'm in a small room so I probably only need 10 watts at the most.  I'm looking to add a power amp to my Musical Fidelity m2si, using it as a preamp, but I want more quality watts rather than just more watts.

I'd like more clarity than I have now in my system which is a Chord Mojo, m2si, and Tekton Lore speakers.  I love the Mojo and the Lores so I'm looking to just upgrade the amplifier.

I'd like to spend under $2K (used is OK) if possible.

Kray

Re: Low wattage solid state amplifiers?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2021, 04:59 am »
Schiit Aegir. Either one in stereo or monoblocks

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2021, 05:00 am »
Monarchy Audio SM70 MKII or SM70 PRO  :dunno:
http://www.monarchy-audio.com/index_HEALC.htm#sm70pro

SET Man

« Reply #3 on: 24 Feb 2021, 05:20 am »
Hey!

https://diyaudiostore.com/products/amp-camp-amp-kit?variant=7072933085218

If I had money burning a hole in my wallet right now, I'd love to try this one out. Not that I need another amp, I'm very happy with my two SET amps. Although, it is lower in power than my two SET amps, but this little class A SS can be my summer amp and for not so serious listening.

Buddy

Holygeezer

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2021, 10:55 pm »
I had a Dayens Ampino (25 watts) which I used on a pair of Omega 1.5 Way Towers which were over 95 db. That little Ampino sounded fantastic. They run somewhere a little under $700 new. The Ampino does not have a remote option and only has two rca inputs. That may not work for your needs. The only reason I no longer have the Ampino and Omegas is that my partner’s nephew who is a professional DJ fell in love with my system and I decided to gift it to him. I subsequently bought another pair of Omegas and am running them with a Clones Audio 25ir amp. I still have fond memories of that Ampino though.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 1 Mar 2021, 11:05 pm »
A used 60W Bryston B60 would be too much for you?
Its Single Ended output thou.
« Last Edit: 2 Mar 2021, 02:06 am by FullRangeMan »

bjes

« Reply #6 on: 2 Mar 2021, 12:45 am »
Luxman makes nice low powered class A.  Sugden. Great class D low power company called Spec. 

Bemopti123

« Reply #7 on: 2 Mar 2021, 08:53 pm »
>20 watts, at 15 watts, the retired Bakoon AMR-12 amp, favorably compared with the First Sound SIT.  Since it was quite pricey, few sold, hard to find. Can be used as a 1 input integrated amp or a super high end headphone amp.

~25-30 watts, a Lejonklou Boazu.  Integrated, no frills, just remote, hairshirt like Spartan integrated...  make other amps sound, ah, so, dark and also sluggish.  Hard to find used.

fredgarvin

« Reply #8 on: 2 Mar 2021, 09:33 pm »
Fosi Audio has a 50 watt rms A/B amp, the HD A1. $200, it looks interesting but I have only heard a few comments on it-

https://fosiaudio.com/products/hd-a1-fosi-audio-hd-a1-hi-fi-home-power-amplifier

West

« Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2021, 05:05 am »
Hi I am new here and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the gr research amp shown on the new record day youtube Channel?

ssglx

« Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2021, 08:15 am »
I love my Monarchy SM-70 amps (I have 3 of them). Each one is about 24 w/ch in stereo mode.

Les Lammers

« Reply #11 on: 27 Nov 2021, 12:14 pm »
Does anyone other than First Watt offer low-wattage, high-quality SS power amps?  I have 98dB speakers and I'm in a small room so I probably only need 10 watts at the most.  I'm looking to add a power amp to my Musical Fidelity m2si, using it as a preamp, but I want more quality watts rather than just more watts.

I'd like more clarity than I have now in my system which is a Chord Mojo, m2si, and Tekton Lore speakers.  I love the Mojo and the Lores so I'm looking to just upgrade the amplifier.

I'd like to spend under $2K (used is OK) if possible.

Check this one out. https://www.audialonline.com/blog/amplifier-a20/   

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #12 on: 27 Nov 2021, 01:18 pm »
Look at Temple Audio hand built in England.  They offer a Bantam Stealth, 25 watts, no volume control, very compact and efficient, highly rated for $158 (current exchange).  Or their Bantam Gold, 25 wpc, volume control, again compact/efficient, one stereo input, highly rated for $305 (current exchange).  I own their latest 70 watt mono-blocks (2nd pair) with dedicated power supplies and love them for their crisp, clean sound.

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: 27 Nov 2021, 02:14 pm »
There's no reason that integrated, the Mojo, and those speakers shouldn't have good clarity. What's your source and cabling? If you're streaming Spotify from a laptop or PC with a printer cable that's more likely the bottleneck, not your amplifier.  Adding a pricey Class A amplifier isn't going to give you more clarity, imo. :D

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #14 on: 28 Nov 2021, 12:20 am »
Hi I am new here and was wondering if anyone knows anything about the gr research amp shown on the new record day youtube Channel?
Do you mind post the video link ?