Getting started

Striker071

Getting started
« on: 7 May 2020, 02:41 pm »
Hello all.

First of all.  I have been a music person and a musician for years as I am in my 50's. For a short time I was involved with a company that did live audio setups, everything from small club venues to 4000 seat venues. Have done monitor mixing and house main mixing as well.  I understand the concept of audio.  Crossovers and how the frequencies work.

My goal was to DIY some speakers and ended up here.  As everything seems to be now cheaply made or have a price tag in the thousands for quality I want to try to get good fidelity for the dollar.  Like everything else sometimes quality does cost and i am willing if I can get the tight information

GR Research is the resource that I have been led to here.  So i will have some questions for them in there section.

Thanks

Wind Chaser

Re: Getting started
« Reply #1 on: 7 May 2020, 05:28 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle.  :D

richidoo

« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2020, 06:16 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle!

You won't save any money building DIY speakers, but selecting a popular and successful speaker kit for your first attempt will give you best chance of success.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 7 May 2020, 06:38 pm »
Welcome  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #4 on: 7 May 2020, 09:48 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Striker   :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 7 May 2020, 11:17 pm »
Welcome!