Wayner

Re: Show us your Home Theater room *** (photos) ***
« Reply #200 on: 11 Nov 2014, 07:14 pm »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #201 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:36 am »
Santa brought me new main speakers.  :)  Aerial Acoustics 20T's. 

dminches

« Reply #202 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:45 am »
Very nice Ted. How did he know?

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #203 on: 26 Dec 2014, 01:56 am »
Very nice Ted. How did he know?

Dunno.  Magic I guess. 

What is very nice is that tonally they are not so foreign to the SP Tech Continuum center and dedicated Continuum surrounds.  The performance of the 20T's as mains (over the Revs) is better, but it speaks huge volumes about how well the Revs compare, given the big MSRP $$ chasm. 

stehno

« Reply #204 on: 26 Dec 2014, 02:49 am »
ted_b, that's some Santa you got there!!!   If you tell us that Santa also has beautiful long blonde hair, I'm gonna' really be upset.

Fabulous looking.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #205 on: 26 Dec 2014, 02:53 am »
You must have been a very, very, good boy this year!  ;-)

Congrats Ted.

George

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #206 on: 26 Dec 2014, 03:08 am »
Ted, your room has always looked amazing. You've stepped it up a notch, I must say.  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #207 on: 26 Dec 2014, 03:28 am »
Ted the room looks fantastic!

stlrman

« Reply #208 on: 26 Dec 2014, 04:02 am »
Nice Ted, did  you sell the Revs?
What size screen do you have?

Phil A

« Reply #209 on: 26 Dec 2014, 04:33 am »
Nice Ted, did  you sell the Revs?
What size screen do you have?

His systems page, if up-to-date shows 110".  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=systems;area=browse;system=315

timdog

« Reply #210 on: 26 Dec 2014, 07:48 pm »
Hello all,
  I name is Tim I live in Warrenton Missouri as of the last six years but hail from North County in St. Louis.
I I just found out about this website yesterday from a Klipsch forum member who also lives in St. Louis. I'm glad to see there are some people here in the local area who share my habit. I'm relatively new to highER(stress on the ER) end home theater. I have had all sorts of home theaters in a box and piece together numerous systems since I was a young lad, but this is my first  try at starting to build a dedicated theater room. I've troll the AVS and Klipsch forum for a few years and learned a lot from those guys on little tips and tricks to help tweak things. This is my first post and I'm kind of fumbling around to find out how things work here. I currently have a Klipsch RF-7ii 7.1 system with a SVS PB12 ultra/2 ran by a B&K 200x7 amp. Yamaha Aventage RX A1010 AVR. Still working with a Mitsubishi 73 inch DLP, just as of recently started looking into projectors and maybe a 2.35:1 screen. From the pictures I've seen you guys have some really cool rooms I hope to have one like that in my basement as well but just one thing at a time at this point. My room is 16 x 23 x 7. I'm about to start putting together the actual room and I am considering doing the back wall behind the speakers in brick to give it that loft look which I will never get in Warrenton :-) do you guys think it will cause too many reflections? I appreciate your time and any help, if I am posting this in the wrong area please forgive me and tell me where to go( be nice) I am a married man so I'm used to that, take care!
Tim

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #211 on: 30 Dec 2014, 01:55 am »
Hey Tim,
Welcome to AC!  :thumb:

I'm Bob, and not only the caretaker for the HT section of the site, I also oversee the St. Louis section of AudioCircle.
While there aren't too many multi-channel fellows here (myself excluded), they are a great bunch of guys.
Here's the St. Louis are, called the > "Gateway Audio Society" ("GAS") <.

Please pop in, and introduce yourself.
Bob

afterlife2

« Reply #212 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:29 am »
Wonderful setup guys. :thumb:
My New Acer Projector Setup. Here We Go....

The Goods:

The Classy Looking Small Remote, which has to be replaced:

The nice carrying case, remote, moniter cable and PJ ac plug:

PJ closeup:

PJ coolness Uno:

PJ coolness Dos:

On side wall by the kitchen. As you can see it looks real nice, but much better in person. 73 inches across. Netflix and movie is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues:

Side wall kitchen. Netflix and movie is Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues:

Couch area side wall. 63 inches across. Jimmy Kimmell and Guest Jack Black:

Couch area side wall. Jimmy Kimmell and Guest Jack Black:

Couch area side wall. Blu-ray Zero Dark Thirty ending credits. As you can see the blacks are good:

Will post more pics after I get the 100 inch(92.5) 16:9 Projection Screen and 3D glasses. Stay Tuned...

stlrman

« Reply #213 on: 30 Dec 2014, 06:34 pm »
I love having my regular living room. Just pull down the screen and we have instant hometheater environment. :thumb:
I am using an Onkyo receiver, Pioneer Floorstanders, Pioneer 8 inch sub- sounds great!!
I have a 100 inch picture coming from an older Epson DLP projector 720- the picture looks plenty nice!
Getting a wrap around leather couch this week!

I am very happy with this set up!!     2.1 system, no surround

ctviggen

« Reply #214 on: 3 Feb 2015, 12:39 am »
This is my family room, the left side:

Right side:

Center:

All the equipment is on the right side.  I use an RF remote to control things.  I ran 25 (or 30?) feet of HDMI under the floor, in the ceiling of the basement.  I have two wall plates with speaker wire, HDMI, cat6/5e cables.  About 35-40 feet total of HDMI cables, running through two HDMI keystone connectors that snap into wall plates.  It's a clean installation. 

Next, I have to convince the wife to allow me to use some in-wall speakers as surround speakers! 

ctviggen

« Reply #215 on: 3 Feb 2015, 12:42 am »
Santa brought me new main speakers.  :)  Aerial Acoustics 20T's. 

That is the biggest center channel I've ever seen!  It must sound great.  Someone had said they'd used a VMPS RM40 as a center channel, but I never actually saw a picture of that.

ekovalsky

« Reply #216 on: 24 Jul 2015, 08:34 am »
Hi all, I apologize for my absence here for many years.  I moved in 2009 and the larger home theater in the new house was put on the back burner for a long time.  In the last year I finally got all the home electronics installed, including a fairly extensive Elan G! system, along with a mid-range home theater 7.1 setup, a new 108" drop down screen (buried in the soffit), and a Epson 6030 projector. 

Last but not least, I  just got around to reinstalling and calibrating the high end audio.  Much of the work was delayed by an aquarium upgrade which is now nearly complete.  I'm still waiting on a few last items (baseboards and equipment rack disguised as a coffee table) but figured I'd share what I've done so far. 

The speaker layout is not really ideal, preferably the main and sub tower positions would be switched.  However, it was necessary for aesthetic reasons and to not completely block the in-wall front L & R channels.  Also I really didn't want to buy another four sets of speaker cables, the triple harness to the main channels was only 6' long, the subwoofer ones were a bit longer.  I channeled the concrete to bury all the cables under the carpet, patching with plaster after wrapping the cables in a lot of plastic.  Acoustic panels are placed behind the side and rear walls to limit reflection of higher frequencies; I opted not to do the door for aesthetic reasons.

It took quite a while to remember how to measure the speakers, design the filters, and program the amps.  Luckily my old posts were still here, they helped a bit ;)  The TacT system is sort of obsolete now, and they are out of business of course, although it still gets the job done well... at some point I will look into other options, but for now I'm just going to enjoy what I have.  As a TacT replacement, the Trinnov equipment looks promising.  Or I could go back to the factory crossover and perform all room correction on the streaming side using Accurate.

I am using another obsolete piece of equipment, a Slim Devices Transporter, as the source.  But I had a Fusion OMS3 media server which has a digital output fed into the Transporter (it also has analog outputs that supply the 16 zone house-wide audio) and will be transferring over to that once I get the Ampheron F-type to BNC adapters I ordered.

Sub filter:

Woofer filter:

Midrange filter:

Tweeter filter:

Final measured response at the listening position (middle graph):

The large glass box up front is a 450 gallon reef aquarium in the process of being started up.  The room is designed to sit on the couch and listen to music in the near field within a live-end/dead-end setup, while enjoying the tank; or sit in the theater chairs on the upper level and watch a movie using the RBM surround sound system.  I've been asked if the big speakers will bother the fish... honestly I don't think so, sound in air doesn't penetrate water very effectively, and even those big sub towers cannot compete with a whale!

There are doors above and below the aquarium for maintenance.  Here is a shot of the plumbing below the tank, it is nearing completion.  Most of the maintenance is done via an exterior pool bath that I turned into a 'fish room'.

And this is the old tank, which i pulled out as it was a maintenance nightmare in the new house.  Plan this time around is to ultimately have about the same amount of livestock in twice the gallons.

« Last Edit: 24 Jul 2015, 11:03 am by ekovalsky »

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
« Reply #217 on: 24 Jul 2015, 10:41 am »
Spectacular!  :thumb:

I was concerned about the animals as well, so I'm glad you clarified that.
I've thought about an aquarium in my HT room, but didn't due to the SPL. Interesting.

Thanks for posting, and welcome back!  :D

youravhandyman

« Reply #218 on: 24 Jul 2015, 12:16 pm »
Awesome theater room Ekovalsky!  That salt water tank is awesome.  Guess I'll just boot up mine and loop the fish tank videos off of youtube.

Bob, the SPL in your theater room...  Is that from yelling at your kids to get out? :D

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #219 on: 24 Jul 2015, 12:31 pm »
Welcome back Eric! 

Maybe this will motivate me to get my HT built.

We have gone without since moving last October.

George