XR45 HT HT ETA?

azryan

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« on: 3 Mar 2004, 09:36 pm »
Sorry to bother ya Wayne, just wondering if there's any guess of an ETA?

I couldn't help myself and had to post. hehe

Also... is there anything on the unit to show that Bolder Cable offically modded the unit?

Obviously it'll 'look' mods on the back, but say if someone eventually want to sell it and prove that it was an actual Bolder Cable 2-Chan or HT XR45 mod is there a sticker or serial number you put on the units to show this sort of thing?

Thanks!

Wayne1

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #1 on: 4 Mar 2004, 01:16 am »
I have been having problems machining the plate to hold the speaker connectors. The first unit I modded for a customer, took me three tries to get a plate looking decent. I really don't want to send out units with binding posts all skewed to hell.

I have set up a meeting with a local machine shop to check on pricing and how long it would take to have someone who knows what they are doing make these plates. It will probably be a week or two before the plates could be made.

Tha modded units will have a sticker on the bottom.

randog

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #2 on: 4 Mar 2004, 05:08 am »
I don't really know exactly what needs to be done, but assuming it's a plate with holes, a sheetmetal shop should be able to give you the same for a dime on the dollar compared to a machine shop... just a thought.

azryan

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #3 on: 4 Mar 2004, 05:55 pm »
Dang, didn't realize it was so tricky cramming in those binding posts.

Thanks for the info and good luck getting that mod worked out!

Wayne1

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #4 on: 9 Mar 2004, 03:54 pm »
Just a quick update.

I had a very good meeting with the owner of the machine shop.

We laid out all the specs for the plate on his CAD program for both the two-channel and HT mod. He should find time to make them sometime, later this week. Now if everything we told the program is true, I should have the plates and be ready to knock out SA-XR45 mods by next week.

I do have Larger Bybees in stock, for now (if Bubba and his new boss don't buy them all up), and I will be able to build the Bybees into the speaker output circuit of the SA-XR45 for those who wish this.

I will be adding a 6 foot, two conductor power cable made with the same design as the NITRO power cord for $100.00. This will use the new WattGate non magnetic connectors.

I have just added to the website, the option to have the digital cable built with WBT NetGen copper connectors. In our last get together, The DAM felt a digital cable built with these connectors outperformed a Cryo treated digital cable with Silver Bullets. I have also added this option for the M-80 interconnects.

I am working on a replacement for the Napalm that will be made with the Silver Slipstream Bybee Purifiers and the Signature Silver WBT NextGen connectors. Parts cost so far is over $300.00, and $500.00 for the Bubba Extreme version.

The WBT NextGen female sockets are on their way to me this week. If they work as well as I hope, they will be incorporated into the SA-XR45 mod. This may cause a slight price increase.

bubba966

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #5 on: 9 Mar 2004, 04:57 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
I do have Larger Bybees in stock, for now (if Bubba and his new boss don't buy them all up), and I will be able to build the Bybees into the speaker output circuit of the SA-XR45 for those who wish this.

I don't have any other plans for cable orders this week, but who knows what'll happen... :wink:  :lol:  Sorry about cleanin' you out of Bybees & Silver NextGen's. :oops:

Quote from: Wayne1
I am working on a replacement for the Napalm that will be made with the Silver Slipstream Bybee Purifiers and the Signature Silver WBT NextGen connectors. Parts cost so far is over $300.00, and $500.00 for the Bubba Extreme version.

Ahh, can't wait to see the "Bubba Extreme Napalms" I've got on order... :mrgreen:

azryan

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:07 am »
"-Now if everything we told the program is true, I should have the plates and be ready to knock out SA-XR45 mods by next week.-"

How'd this work out? Is the HT mod near ready?

I don't want to be pushy, but looking forward to getting this mod and since it's been a couple weeks thought I'd ask again.

Thanks

Wayne1

XR45 HT HT ETA?
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2004, 01:51 am »
The plates are in and with any luck I will have pictures and more information by the end of the week.