Audiophiles of North Texas (ANT)

DSkip

• Industry Participant
Audiophiles of North Texas (ANT)
« on: 22 May 2017, 04:33 pm »
Hello everyone,

I am attempting to start up an Audio Society in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  The plan is to have about 5 meets per year, not including LSAF.  The idea of this society is not just to introduce you to new gear, but to build up actual friendships with those who share the same passion for audio.  I have been a member of the Polk Audio forum for over a decade and the friendships I have made there will surely last a lifetime. 

We do have a facebook page up at https://www.facebook.com/AudiophilesofNorthTexas/

I am currently looking for someone who would be interested in hosting a meet on June 24.  I intend to host meets in October and January, so I would like someone else to host the first two meets if possible.  Please feel free to PM me or contact us via facebook for more information.

Cheers,

Skip

DSkip

• Industry Participant
Re: Audiophiles of North Texas (ANT)
« Reply #1 on: 24 Nov 2018, 03:49 am »
We are looking for a host for January 2019.  I could host again but I'd prefer some diversity.  If you are interested, please let me know and I can assist in any way possible.  I've hosted events for years and can guide you to having a great event.

Cheers,

Skip

EZHusky

• Just a Highschooler trying to get by.
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2019, 02:37 am »
Wish I knew about this sooner! If I can I would totally go to the next one

Dieterle Tool

• I don't know what it is, but I wunt it.
« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2019, 09:16 pm »
Big shout out to Skip for having the DFW Audio Club over last night. Excellent host and he had three kits set up for us to listen too. The Rosso line of speakers has a lot going for it. Props to the super tweeter and its capabilities. Marvin's satire was well received and kept it from getting to serious, lol. Both are very knowledgeable and huge enthusiast (Skip's listening room was "well equipped", to say the least).

-Dieter

displayname

« Reply #4 on: 23 Mar 2019, 09:36 pm »
Skip's place was my first DFW Audio Club meet up, and it was a great time. Really good to meet more people in the area. Excited to hopefully see some faces again at Lone Star.

thetakeout

« Reply #5 on: 14 May 2020, 02:43 am »
We need to get a DFW meetup going again soon.  Once the world gets back to normal.  I have yet to be able to attend a DFW meetup.  But I am excited to make it work one of these days!

Paret

• Keller, TX
« Reply #6 on: 14 May 2020, 12:26 pm »
Agree.

:popcorn:

nrenter

« Reply #7 on: 14 May 2020, 01:04 pm »
 :thumb:

tufwheel

« Reply #8 on: 22 May 2020, 03:00 am »
I would love to see a group form... I will keep my fingers crossed...

dionysos

• I, myself, am made entirely of flaws
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2020, 05:27 pm »
Brand new registrant here!
I'm in central Dallas and would enthusiastically attend a meetup anywhere in the Metroplex.

Denton J

« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2023, 06:35 pm »
Hey everyone.  I'm new to DIY audio but I just purchased the LGK 2.1.  We'll see how it goes!

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2023, 08:10 pm »
You will get to see a lot of diy's, just come Lone Star Audio Fest.  www.lonestaraudiofest.com

Denton J

« Reply #12 on: 17 May 2023, 08:27 pm »
You will get to see a lot of diy's, just come Lone Star Audio Fest.  www.lonestaraudiofest.com

Thanks!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #13 on: 17 May 2023, 09:39 pm »
GR-Research will be at LSAF 2023.  You can probably meet Danny if you have not already.

Denton J

« Reply #14 on: 25 May 2023, 06:05 pm »
GR-Research will be at LSAF 2023.  You can probably meet Danny if you have not already.

I thought I was going to be in Little Rock for this weekend but I might make it there. 

Denton J

« Reply #15 on: 20 Sep 2023, 01:13 am »
Is this group still active?  I just got a DAC and I am hearing a loud pop when I inserted it into my system.  If possible I would like to try a different streamer than the one I got to see to try to narrow down where the pop is originating from.