Microsoft to buy Vivendi?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 13 Mar 2003, 12:50 am »
Maybe they already have; neither company will confirm or deny this.  Of course, this would be major, as Vivendi own Blizzard.  I would expect this would be Diable II would be available for the 'box!  That would rock supremely!

I have the original Diable for Playstation, and it's one of my favorite all time games.  I've played it thru completely dozens of time, and spent literally thousands of hours one it.  I'm actually planning to fire it up for a couple hours later on tonite.

Woodsea

« Reply #1 on: 13 Mar 2003, 10:50 am »
I had read that MS is stating this as only rumor.  But the sources say that it is true.  What I did not get was that Vivendi owns Blizzard....Hell Yeah.  Damn fine company...and MS pretty much lets their company's be!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2003, 08:55 pm »
Anybody hear any recent news about this?  Both parties seem to be keeping quiet.  I'd sure dig some Diablo II for the 'Box!

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2003, 04:00 pm »
I've heard the same news.

MS looks like to be taking over the world.............again!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 1 Jul 2003, 11:52 pm »
Well, it finally appears that the deal fell thru; Vivendi will be purchased by a movie studio (can't remember which one).  That doesn't automatically mean no Diablo II for the 'box, but it won't be a lead pipe cinch.

Blizzard has a lot of cool games, and I wish they were available for the Xbox, or even the P2.  I don't really care for PC gaming.