Dick's HT3-based home theater set-up

yooper

Re: Dick's HT3-based home theater set-up
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2007, 04:29 pm »
On the opening song I never heard the birds chirping.

Birds chirping?  I wonder if Jim has a new demo CD?  On my CD from Jim, I have Dean Peer/Ucross/Lord's Tundra.  What is the name of the song your referring to?

Mark

jsalk

« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2007, 04:49 pm »
Dick -

Very happy to hear your initial reactions to the HT3's were very positive.  Please continue to keep us informed of your progress on your set-up.

brj -

I don't think Dick was saying that his bass rolls off at 40 - 50 Hz.  I think he was saying quite the opposite.

yooper -

Yes, it is a different CD.  I have this tendency to constantly play with different cuts in a different order.  I recently added the cut "Because" from the Beatles new remix.  It is the cut with birds in the background.

I also added "You Can Bring Me Flowers" by Ray LaMontagne.

- Jim

dmorse

« Reply #22 on: 11 May 2007, 04:56 pm »
Very sorry, meant to say it sounds like birds chirping when it really the strings in the silent portions.

ctviggen

« Reply #23 on: 11 May 2007, 08:17 pm »

- Jim

Jim, why not "Empty" from the same CD?  I ask because I simply love this song.  It's fantastic in my opinion. 

jsalk

« Reply #24 on: 11 May 2007, 10:00 pm »
ctviggen -

- Jim

Jim, why not "Empty" from the same CD?  I ask because I simply love this song.  It's fantastic in my opinion. 

I will check it out.  I received the cut I used from a friend and then bought the CD.  I have not had time to fully digest it yet.  Thanks very much for the head's up!

- Jim

dmorse

« Reply #25 on: 26 May 2007, 01:30 pm »
After 3 months of remodeling and removing a fireplace in the room It is almost complete. The room has 12 bass traps floor to ceiling behind corner drapes. Also 6 others in the room. The sound is unbelievable. Thanks Jim

http://web.mac.com/dmorse4765/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html

Dick

Rob S.

« Reply #26 on: 26 May 2007, 03:23 pm »
OMG!!   Your room is gorgeous!!  Colors, furniture, sound treatments/ hidden by drapes and of course speakers.   I've been trying to turn my wife on to beautiful looking speakers in a HT/ living room setup for quite some time now.  She'll be taking your HT picture tour soon as she gets home.

Rob S.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #27 on: 26 May 2007, 04:01 pm »
Hi Dick   Really gorgeous house.  Where are you located?  I didn't see any mountains, so I guess it's not Tucson.  Is Sonny just an extremely light Golden Retriever, or is he something else entirely?  His face and expression are identical to my last male golden. 

dmorse

« Reply #28 on: 26 May 2007, 04:05 pm »
I am in North Phoenix. Plenty of moutain views. The cloud pictures are actually smoke clouds fron the big fire 2 years ago and hiding most of the mountains. Sonny is a european golden. Actually a little shorter than a lab but still has the box head. Very laid back dog.

Dick

dmorse

« Reply #29 on: 26 May 2007, 04:13 pm »
Also very hairy dog. The pictures are with his summer cut. Can you say 102 degrees today but 7% humidity. It is a dry heat but still hot.

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2007, 04:30 pm »
I know of what you speak.  I played an outdoor wedding in Phoenix in July. 106 degrees.  My fiddle made it to the recessional, and then my e-string snapped.  The bride swears she didn't notice, but my sister sure did.  Myabe we can hook up the next time I'm out there (probably December).  I would love to see and hear your set up. 

dmorse

« Reply #31 on: 26 May 2007, 04:39 pm »
Be nic eto see you. E-mail in advance and I am sure we can work out a time.

Dick