Veracity HT3's and Nu Force Ref 9 SE's

VW

Veracity HT3's and Nu Force Ref 9 SE's
« on: 24 Apr 2007, 12:19 am »
Greetings to all at the owners forum from VW ( Australia ).  I have read the many posts here commending the HT3's, including earlier posts by Zybar who tried quite a few amp combinations with this speaker. The earlier Nu Force 9's were regarded as being comparitively unmusical next to the DNA 500's, not an uncommon criticism of earlier Nu Force amps. I am not sure at this point if the HT3's and Nu Force are simply not a great match or if the system synergy with source components simply wasn't there.  I do know from personal experience that  moving on from the stock power cords to the ' right ' PC's ( trial and error )allows for a  significant leap in performance and that the Nu Force seem to be highly sensitive to other cabling used.  I have heard the very first Nu Force 9's in my friend Rob's system ( former owner of Eichmann Technologies ) where they replaced highly regarded Cary monobloc amps, driving large Pro Ac floorstanders  (considered by many a match made in heaven ) in a treated, dedicated soundroom.  Yes, they couldn't match the mid-range magic of the Cary's but they sounded awesome in all other respects. Rob has never hooked the Cary's back up, but moved on to 'optimise' the Nu Force further, which do require extensive 'tweaking' to get right.  Now with Oyaide PC's and other tweaks, the presentation is close to a live performance, with all its inherent musicality.

My question to HT3 owners is if anyone has tried the newer Nu Force models ( 9.02's and 9.02 SE's ) with these speakers. I have 9.02's with Sonicap upgrade ( better mids and highs ) and am about to purchase the SE's( better again in all respects, regarded by many as near state-of-the-art ).  I am even considering bi-amping.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as this is a ' blind ' purchase.  I will be in a nearfield listening position ( 6'-7' from the speakers, placed on the short wall ) in a 18' by 12.5' by 8' room, wooden floors, opening out into another room and corridor through a 6' and 3' gap at the listening end.