Duelund xover parts?

Toka

Duelund xover parts?
« on: 6 Apr 2007, 03:39 pm »
Jim/Dennis,

Have either of you tried the xover parts from Duelund? They get a lot of praise from some of the DIYer types on the 'net, but then again lots of things do.  8) Interesting design, thats for sure.

http://www.duelundaudio.com/startside.htm  (under DIY)

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
Re: Duelund xover parts?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2007, 04:42 pm »

Have either of you tried the xover parts from Duelund? They get a lot of praise from some of the DIYer types on the 'net, but then again lots of things do. 
[/quote]

Can't say as I have.  I didn't see any prices, but I guess if you have to ask.......

I'm a Parts Express Dayton Dude myself.  They're good enough for me.

Toka

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2007, 04:49 pm »

Can't say as I have.  I didn't see any prices, but I guess if you have to ask.......

I'm a Parts Express Dayton Dude myself.  They're good enough for me.

Just found them for sale online:

http://www.partsconnexion.com/catalog/CapacitorsFilm.html (have to manually select them from the menu at the bottom)

After seeing the prices, I'll just whistle and back away slowly...  :o

BradJudy

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2007, 03:07 am »
After seeing the prices, I'll just whistle and back away slowly...  :o

Wow...

But did you see the prices on those AudioNote silver film caps?

:o :o :o :o

JoshK

« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2007, 03:34 am »
i personally think most audiophile parts don't live up to their prices, but some do.  dayton components are good performance/price.  i really like the jantzen caps.  they are worth the extra dollar or two over the daytons, imo.

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2007, 06:47 pm »
Now we're getting into the area of "religious" issues.

I have never used the components in question.  But we are often asked to include this type of boutique cap or when doing a speaker project.  All of these high-end caps tend to sound wonderful.  But the differences are so slight that even after you hear them, you often fail to identify them in A/B comparisons with standard caps (we've often done semi-blind comparisons).  I can't say is that I ever heard anything that would cost justify these caps over Sonicaps or any other good high-performance cap. 

I look at them more like insurance.  If you don't ever want to wonder how much better the speakers would sound if you just spent a little more for this type of high-end cap, spend the money and never worry.  But like I said above, I have not heard what I would call significant performance gains.  My experience is that they do sound very nice.  But in the case of our HT3's, for example, we constantly get rave reviews with standard caps and that is all I tend to use in my personal and demo pairs.

I hope this helps.

- Jim

Toka

« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2007, 02:27 pm »

I hope this helps.

- Jim

It does Jim...thanks a bunch!  :thumb: