Wanted - Aerial Acoustics 5B's

Mudslide

Wanted - Aerial Acoustics 5B's
« on: 12 Aug 2009, 11:27 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for 2, perhaps 3 Aerial Acoustic model 5B loudspeakers to be used as surrounds for my home theater system.  Cherry veneer is preferred.  Black is acceptable.  Reasonable pricing is appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

RJ

Mudslide

Re: Wanted - Aerial Acoustics 5B's
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2009, 05:31 pm »
Steve...I seem to be having difficulty replying directly to messages.

Thank you for your offer.  I'm sure they're lovely speakers, but I cannot afford your price.

Ciamara

• Industry Participant
    • Ciamara - Sound Everything
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2009, 09:45 pm »
Must they be Aerial Acoustics?  Would you consider another model or brand?
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2009, 12:13 am by sunjitwhy »

Mudslide

« Reply #3 on: 22 Aug 2009, 06:58 pm »
Bumpers....

I'm still looking for a reasonably priced pair of Aerial Acoustic 5B's.

Thanks.

Ciamara

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2009, 12:16 am »
My father may have a set of Aerial Acoustics - I believe he has four or five 7Bs.  If you are interested, I could ask him if he would sell them.  I believe he wants to upgrade at some point, so I believe he'd consider it.

P.S.  He is a doctor and very meticulous .... I know, I grew up in his house! ha ha ha   ... Just to say that they are extremely well cared for.  If you are interested, PM me.  Thank you.

Mudslide

« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2009, 04:05 am »
Thank you, but no.  I need a pair of 5B's.  I would settle for the older model 5's, if in cherry.

Mudslide

« Reply #6 on: 1 Sep 2009, 02:46 am »
I'm still lookin'....  :(

Ciamara

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 1 Sep 2009, 02:50 am »
Where are you located?  Ciamara makes some very interesting loudspeakers that are in a totally different league.  As we the manufacturer, we generally sell through distributors, resellers and high-end A/V integrators, but if you were so inclined,  we can offer you very attractive pricing.  If you are anywhere near New York, I would be more than happy to provide a free, no-strings-attached demo for you.  PM me if you are interested.

Mudslide

« Reply #8 on: 2 Sep 2009, 04:14 am »
Where are you located?  Ciamara makes some very interesting loudspeakers that are in a totally different league.  As we the manufacturer, we generally sell through distributors, resellers and high-end A/V integrators, but if you were so inclined,  we can offer you very attractive pricing.  If you are anywhere near New York, I would be more than happy to provide a free, no-strings-attached demo for you.  PM me if you are interested.

Thank you very much, but I'm only interested in a pair of Aerial 5 or 5B's to mate with my 7B mains in a home theater.  Also, I'm on the west coast.

Ciamara

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: 3 Sep 2009, 02:26 pm »
I totally understand.  You are most of the way there and need to round out the set.  You probably already know this, but AudioGon might have something.  Also, try calling up some of the dealers that carry Aerial and see what they have -- in this market, I have seen the Aerial's go for very good prices.  Good luck! 

P.S.  My father has decided not to sell his.  Sorry for the false start.

Mudslide

« Reply #10 on: 4 Sep 2009, 03:51 pm »
TGIF bump.

Mudslide

« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2009, 09:40 am »
Still in search mode.   :o

Big Red Machine

« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2009, 10:32 am »
Have a pair of 20T's in Walnut I would consider selling.  I have the triple boxes for them as well.

Mudslide

« Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2009, 01:16 pm »
Thanks Big Red.  I would love to have a pair of 20T's.  But I don't have the money for those wonderful speakers.  I just need a pair of 5B's for finishing up a 5.1 surround system with my 7B's.

Now if I were in the dough...7B's would make some nice surrounds...yes?!   :wink:

arthurs

« Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2009, 01:39 pm »
Have a pair of 20T's in Walnut I would consider selling.  I have the triple boxes for them as well.

Pete, I didn't know you had 20T's.  If you get time could you PM me with your thoughts on their strengths/weaknesses?

Thanks!

Big Red Machine

« Reply #15 on: 10 Sep 2009, 02:54 pm »
Sorry, typo - 10T's.  Much less money.

Mudslide

« Reply #16 on: 10 Sep 2009, 04:03 pm »
Thanks much for the offer, Pete.  I wish I could, but I'm just a po' boy looking to get by with meager assets.

Best regards.

RJ

jephdood

« Reply #17 on: 13 Sep 2009, 10:28 pm »
These aren't 5B's..  but they are 5's, and they're cherry..  http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1258059905&/Aerial-Acoustics-Model-5

(not affiliated)

Mudslide

« Reply #18 on: 14 Sep 2009, 01:47 pm »
Yes, thanks jephdood.

Dave and I talked.  He's seems a really nice guy and I hope sells his Model 5's quickly.  I may still do a deal with him...but the 'boss' is reining me in.   :cry:

Mudslide

« Reply #19 on: 3 Nov 2009, 04:16 am »
I'm giving it the old college try...I'm still looking for some affordable, cherry veneered Aerial Model 5 or 5B's.