SOLD: PSB Synchrony Ones in Dark Cherry $2400, Eastern Massachusetts

stereocilia

$2400-- I don't want to ship these, but I will drive a reasonable distance from Eastern Massachusetts.

Purchased new from an authorized dealer in 2011, I am the original owner. I have all parts, pieces, port plugs, and packaging. There are two cosmetic flaws which I hopefully captured in the photos. First, the plastic cover on one of the binding posts is cracked. I just pull it off, hand tighten it, and then put it back on. Second, I discovered a small blemish on one side. Otherwise, these are in excellent condition.

The Synchrony One was, until recently, psb's flagship speaker.

« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2015, 04:03 pm by stereocilia »

neep

Phenomenal phenomenal speakers. The best I have ever owned and I still regret selling them. They don't work for my room now but I would love to own a pair again one day. Great price!

sts9fan

If I had not just bought new speakers these would be mine! :duh:

stereocilia

okay, now I'm starting to second guess my decision to sell them.

audio.bill

For the asking price these are exceptionally fine performing speakers. If you want to take a significant step up you'd have to go with the new Imagine T3s, but they're more than three times the price at $7,500 per pair! Someone will be getting a great deal and be very happy with these Synchrony Ones!

neep

okay, now I'm starting to second guess my decision to sell them.

And you should!

What type of electronics are you using with them? Just went through a major electronic upgrade myself and fell in love with my speakers again.

stereocilia

Bryston 4b sst2, bp26, mytek stereo 192. It's a great setup that also meshes really well with thiel cs2.7s.  :)

neep

Bryston 4b sst2, bp26, mytek stereo 192. It's a great setup that also meshes really well with thiel cs2.7s.  :)

What is feeding the Mytek?

stereocilia

Either a laptop running JRiver, or a squeezebox classic with a linear power supply. Changing from a Rotel amp to bryston was a massive upgrade.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Great speakers and an even better seller!!

Good luck on the sale.

George

stereocilia

Thanks George!  I would consider a trade, partial or otherwise, for a sweet turntable setup.

maclark7029

Hi,

If they are still for sale, would you consider shipping?  I live in Maryland.

Thanks,
Mike

stereocilia

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, they are still for sale. The problem with shipping is that while the factory boxes are perfectly intact, I would really feel more comfortable if they were double boxed. Each box is 49" x 17" x 14" If I took them to the UPS store and had a pack & ship guarantee of some kind, then maybe. Let me know if you are still interested, and I will make an inquiry to UPS.

maclark7029

Yes, I agree that double boxed and insurance is best.  Another option is Grey Hound...  I did business with a AV company in Florida that used them to ship a receiver to me.  I picked it up in Annapolis. 

stereocilia

Greyhound? Interesting. I have visions of each speaker seat belted into a chair, but that's probably not how they do it. :) I will look into shipping. PM me your zipcode.

Brettio

Please keep us posted if you use greyhound.  I've used them to ship three packages (two containing a CPU, monitors, etc) and another containing individually wrapped glass items.  The price was less than USPS, Fed Ex, etc. and package handling was minimal (in one instance I watched the boxes being loaded and was impressed with the care used).  All packages arrived undamaged and much quicker than I was quoted.

Based on these experiences I've always thought they'd be a good shipping option for A/V.  If used, I hope you have the same experience that I've had.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Who ever gets these is in for a joyful ride. They do sound amazing - especially when you consider this asking price.

For a short time I owned their little brothers - the PSB Synchrony Twos. They reintroduced me to audiophile madness. Alas, due to room limitations and incurable WAF, I allowed them to slip away.

maclark7029

I current have Twos myself and am wanting to upgrade to the Ones.  I also have the Two B's in a surround sound set up.  Not sure yet whether I'll replace the Two B's with the Twos or just sell them... 

atopa2002

Interested , which city are you located
John

stereocilia

Needham. 02492
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2015, 04:02 pm by stereocilia »