New Lampizator Atlantic DAC

wisnon

firedog

Re: New Lampizator Atlantic DAC
« Reply #41 on: 11 Sep 2016, 11:18 am »
Pretty amazing that Lukasz made a 4000 euro DAC that competes with a 18000 euro DAC. Not sure if it was a smart move on his part :)

http://hifiknights.com/reviews/sources/lampizator-atlantic/

papermill

« Reply #42 on: 12 Sep 2016, 07:38 pm »
Folks,
I put my order in for the Atlantic DAC: W/rectifier tube, Clock upgrade, remote volume control, preamp.
Now the waiting.....
FYI:
I too, was concerned about the DAC fitting in my rack. I was advised that I could order the DAC with the tubes slightly recessed into the casing - which I did.
Dave

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #43 on: 12 Sep 2016, 07:58 pm »
Folks,
I put my order in for the Atlantic DAC: W/rectifier tube, Clock upgrade, remote volume control, preamp.
Now the waiting.....
FYI:
I too, was concerned about the DAC fitting in my rack. I was advised that I could order the DAC with the tubes slightly recessed into the casing - which I did.
Dave

Good for you Dave! I didn't know there was a clock upgrade.

Congrats!

OzarkTom

« Reply #44 on: 12 Sep 2016, 08:00 pm »
Folks,
Now the waiting.....
FYI:
Dave

What was the total on that rig?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #45 on: 12 Sep 2016, 08:38 pm »
The EU site now has a whole smorgasbord of choices for the Atlantic including different tubes like the 6n6p and 6sn7gt. What the hell Lukasz!  :D

http://www.lampizator.eu/Fikus/DAC_ATLANTIC.html

papermill

« Reply #46 on: 12 Sep 2016, 09:10 pm »
Tom,
The Lampizator website needs to be updated.
However, a recent "part-time audiophile" review of the Atlantic lists all the prices and options.

wisnon

« Reply #47 on: 13 Sep 2016, 02:39 pm »
Folks,
Now the waiting.....
FYI:
Dave
Heavily recessed infact. Seems like only 1 to 2 CM sticking out for the DHPs. Not sure about the rectifier though...

Congrats, thats a very loaded Atlantic. Should kick butt.

I heard that like 8 are in the oven baking as we speak...LoL

wisnon

« Reply #48 on: 13 Sep 2016, 02:45 pm »
Tom,
The Lampizator website needs to be updated.
However, a recent "part-time audiophile" review of the Atlantic lists all the prices and options.

The website is updated with all the info. You can see them in the order form...
US prices not there as you have to go thru Gopher and Rob or local dealers like Mike.

rpf

« Reply #49 on: 13 Sep 2016, 04:50 pm »
I agree partially recessed tall tubes are a good idea to allow fitting into a rack but I still prefer to see at least part of any tube and I think it's also better for heat dissipation. The only thing I really don't like to see is tubes mounted sideways or, even worse, upside down.

Not that I'm in the august company of the higher end Lampi DACs: I just ordered an Amber II.

sfox7076

« Reply #50 on: 16 Sep 2016, 09:02 pm »
Upside down is better than sideways.  My sole worry is shorts.  More likely mounted sideways than vertical.

papermill

« Reply #51 on: 16 Sep 2016, 10:19 pm »
I remember my Audio Research mono amps had all of their 16 tubes mounted sideways.... they still may be...
I found out today that I'll be getting the Atlantic with the full sized chassis to accommodate the recessed power tubes with the rectifier tubes mounted sideways. Thus the height of the unit will not be much higher than the Level 4. LampizatOr has been very responsive to make this custom unit. Cool.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #52 on: 16 Sep 2016, 10:37 pm »
I remember my Audio Research mono amps had all of their 16 tubes mounted sideways.... they still may be...
I found out today that I'll be getting the Atlantic with the full sized chassis to accommodate the recessed power tubes with the rectifier tubes mounted sideways. Thus the height of the unit will not be much higher than the Level 4. LampizatOr has been very responsive to make this custom unit. Cool.

That is very cool Dave.

Just looked at the eu site and noticed they've added new pics with tube rectifier and volume control. If Lukasz can retro fit mine with tube recti on top like the pic that would be great.

misterclean

« Reply #53 on: 24 Sep 2016, 02:24 pm »

As a former owner of a Big Six, I am looking forward to getting the Atlantic in my system. After a lot of consideration, I believe I will bypass the tube rectifier option, but I am wondering if anyone here has an opinion about the superclock option? It is not costly, but what exactly are the sonic advantages in getting this upgrade?

It is certainly encouraging to see all of the great reviews pouring in for this DAC. Congrats to Lukasz and the Lampi team for coming up with a great DAC for us mere mortals who don't have the scratch for a Golden Gate! I can't wait to hear it.

wisnon

« Reply #54 on: 26 Sep 2016, 03:56 pm »
Superclock to me is a no-brainer.

misterclean

« Reply #55 on: 28 Sep 2016, 02:04 pm »

I ended up getting both the superclock and tube rectifier upgrades. I like having the flexibility of fine tuning the Atlantic down the line, though I am sure it sounds amazing just as it is.

I am looking forward to more feedback from other owners and sharing impressions in the weeks and months to come.

bavmike

« Reply #57 on: 29 Sep 2016, 09:13 am »
Do you have any phase noise plots on the new superclock? I heard that phase noise can vary up to 10dB @ 10hz from clock to clock. Do you guys provide certified phase noise plots with each DAC?

crooner

« Reply #58 on: 29 Sep 2016, 01:50 pm »
Congratulations!

I ordered an Atlantic myself last week. Basic version with silver faceplate and an orange front panel light.
According to Lukasz, it is being tested right now :-)

It is going to be used with a vintage Marantz 7 tube preamp and a pair of Marantz Model 9 monoblocks.
These are all solid state rectified, so I didn't feel the need to have tube rectification in the Atlantic.

I noticed silicon dampener rings in the small tubes. Are these supplied by Lampizator?

Regards,
crooner

wisnon

« Reply #59 on: 30 Sep 2016, 09:15 am »
Congratulations!

I noticed silicon dampener rings in the small tubes. Are these supplied by Lampizator?

Regards,
crooner

Yes.