Garage Sale - MK II

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Garage Sale - MK II
« on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:01 am »
Hello!

Last years garage sale was fun so I thought I'd do it again. Who knows - if I clear out enough stuff I may even be able to move around my shop without leaping over stuff.

Tried to set prices fair and they should be a good deal. If something you like is ever so close to what you can swing price wise give a call and maybe we can make a plan to suit.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Lets start with some free stuff - free stuff is always popular.

I have 8 Ultrasonic cleaning tanks - that is 7 more than any normal person would want. These were bought back when I was playing with ultrasonic record cleaning but don't get all excited - they can NOT be used to clean records.  The frequency they run (25Khz or so) at resulted in a rather aggressive cleaning action - I later got and played with higher frequency (80Khz) tanks that were much better. These are fine for cleaning metal parts but not for records. Please - if you are thinking I hear you but I'm gonna just use it for my records anyway please don't - I really think it could damage the records.........

They are free - with a catch. They are in big boxes that would be expensive to pack and ship so local pick-ups only.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the audio stuff.

First up we have some MicroTAP systems. These were built as test units and for the VSAC trade show display.  They are just as pictured on the web site - ie they include the MicroTAP controller along with 2 Bent Units and all the fiber cables to hook them together. Ideal for a single input system - all you'd need cable wise is the cable from the source to the modules.

Current Model with hybrid attenuator boards.....................Reg $990 ----- GSP = $700

Custom Naked Vishay resistor Bent units............................reg $1200  ---- GSP = $850

May have a True Balanced in/out unit (pending sale - should know by the end of this week)........reg $1400  ---- GSP = $1000

Continued in the next message........

John Chapman

• Facilitator
Re: Garage Sale - MK II
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2008, 12:11 am »
Hello!

Continued list.....

TAP low profile pre-amps. These are single box resistor based pre-amps. Kicking around as I built stuff to test, etc... They look like the TAP Controller on the MOD pre-amp page of the website and use the same front panel PCB as the TAP-X.

6 Input / dual output Tant film (20K so keep the output cables short!) pre-amp. Full remote inc vol, mute, righ/left bal and source select.
Reg Price would be about $1K...GSP = $575

---------------------------------------------------

Same parts as above but in the higher TAP-X style chassis......$575

---------------------------------------------------

1 input / dual output tant film resistor pre-amp - as above but with only a single input $450

-------------------------------------------------------

6 Input BSA-1 based unit. 10K impedance with the binary circuit Arn from goldpoint and I were messing with. These were built to test in system and I hate to tear them down - rather find a home for them! Same feratures as above but no right/left balance. Reg price would be about $900 or so based on parts costs ....GSP = $500

--------------------------------------------------------------

Last I have a couple scanspeak 12M drivers. Nice untis - just never got around to the project they were bought for. Wired up to test but never used in system. Any offer within reason accepted.

Shipping would be at cost for all items.

E-mail or call with questions.

Thansk!

John

Oborous

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2008, 05:21 pm »
Wow!

I'd like to claim one of the ultrasonic cleaners please! (BTW, where is the Christmas Goat website?)

Yes, I'm in Edmonton, I'll arrange for someone in lower B.C. to pickup.

Thank you for the christmas present.

Jason

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2008, 06:48 pm »
I'd love one of the ultrasonic cleaners, let us know if you change your mind about shipping. I'm in Colorado, so picking one up would be a stretch. ;)

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2008, 07:21 pm »
Hello!

Thanks for the goat reminder. Few times I thought of it this year but never when I was at the computer.

Finally someone who want free stuff! I was starting to think "geesh it must be really slow out there is you can't even give away free stuff"..... Few other interested in some items and the tall TAP-X box tant film pre-amp is gone.

No problem with the tank pick-up - just have them call to make sure I'll be here, etc...

These are heavy and not all that well packed in the original boxes. Certainly not well enough to survive shipping. To ship them  I'd have to get monster boxes and packing then pack them up and go ship them - at an est cost of $200 or so for shipping alone. The box size would be something like 22" x 22" x 18" after double boxing them up. I'd think that at that price (and I'd need to have something in for the packing and time......) they would not look so free anymore...... Trouble is there is no point just sending them without packing right - they'd just arrive dead anyway....

Thanskj!

John

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2008, 07:23 pm »
Thanks for the info John, really does sound like they are not worth shipping.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 8 Jan 2009, 12:10 am »
Hello!

Long overdue garage sale update! Items still here are:

- Six input BSA-1 based Pre-amp.

- One Input Tant film pre-amp

- Vishay MicroTAP

- Bal MicroTAP

- More Ultrasonic cleaners than any human would ever need......

Also new Item I'll mention here - a pair of 1:10 ratio MU step-ups with the original S&B TX103 trannies. These are not here - a customer wants to find a new home for them so I thought I'd list them here. If you want them just e-mail me and I'll hook you up with him. Price mentioned was $825 for the pair.

Thansk!

John