BRYSTON PHILOSOPHY

tim92gts

Re: BRYSTON PHILOSOPHY
« Reply #20 on: 16 Jan 2012, 05:29 pm »
Hello!

I intend to buy 28B SST2 Bryston amplifiers to match R 907 Jamo floor standing speakers (4 ohms),
Naim dac-xps and Audio Research preamp ref 3. Mainly because this amps are supposed to play well at low levels.

As I have read it once in an hifi review, the Bryston amplifiers might be clipping, due to over heating.

Is there any issue with over-heating with the mono blocs, due mainly to their design's characteristics?
Thanks for your advice on this prosaic matter.

Regards,

GH

Was this one ever answered?
I'd have thought if the 28Bs were overheating and clipping the 907s would be molten long ago.
My 14B s get warm at full power into about five Ohms but i've never had thermal shutdown despite
very infrequent clipping. By then they're filling a 30 x 20 foot room with very loud, high quality sound.

mjniz1

« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2012, 09:32 pm »
 Hello! every body, i have  already reached to the decision to buy a Bryston 4B SST2....tired of now with this long searching and going through all the reviews etc....i already have HSU-VTF 15 SUB and already got last week OPPO BDP-95....now cant wait to put hands on a nice amp. so am i going in right direction? suggestions will be welcomed...what speaker will give absolute sound for music. i have also researche krell 2250e, krell got less power, never got chance to listen it so dont know....share some experience with me ...thx bye.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2012, 10:21 pm »
Did you buy the Bryston?

simmac

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jun 2012, 02:08 pm »
Hello Guys i am currently working my BDP1 via mpod and mpad on my iphone and i pad am i right there is also a bryston download for the pc or mac that lets you control the bdp through your lapbook pro or PC
Thanks

JfTM

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jun 2012, 04:51 pm »
Hello Guys i am currently working my BDP1 via mpod and mpad on my iphone and i pad am i right there is also a bryston download for the pc or mac that lets you control the bdp through your lapbook pro or PC
Thanks

Hi simmac,

check out http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=193.0 , that's where the bdp folks hang out.

There is no Bryston download. Using a browser you can access MAX on you bdp to control it.  It's more like using a browser to access a website; like AudioCircle :)

ragg987

« Reply #25 on: 24 Sep 2012, 08:53 pm »
Refreshing. Got my first Bryston 14 years ago, a 9BST 5channel amp. I was hooked by the products, and also by the super service I received from PMC in UK when the amp failed after 10 years - they fixed the fault and did a partial upgrade to some of the components (I think transistors, amongst others), at no cost to me. Unbeatable service and excellent products.

GrinnellFan

« Reply #26 on: 29 Oct 2012, 01:32 am »
Love the Bryston philosophy because they  actually stand behind their product for two decades.  They also dont play games and claim if you are not the original owner the warranty no longer applies.  Why should it make any difference who the owner is if the original warranty period is still in play?  Seems like a lot of manufacturers use that as an excuse not to stand behind their product. 

hot3288

« Reply #27 on: 14 Nov 2012, 04:35 pm »
The Bryston warranty is what drove me to get their amps when I had some funds available 2 years ago to set up a modest HT build (audio can be a very expensive hobby, especially for someone with limited means!).  I purchased the 4B-ST and then an 8B-NRB on the used market, both of which had some problems, but which were fixed within 2 weeks at no cost by the repair department - that's a fantastic deal, especially considering the age of these amps.  Since then, they have performed pristinely and I am enjoying them every minute in my HT, bi-amping them to the B&W Matrix 801 series 2 - they have plenty of power to drive these speakers, and the sound is natural and involving.  Bryston's repair department is phenomenal - and you get to talk directly with the technician who is fixing your amp - which is usually unheard of these days!  In the future, when and if I had the resources to upgrade or looking for new components, Bryston would be at the top of my list.

vegasdave

« Reply #28 on: 5 Dec 2012, 11:35 pm »
The Bryston warranty is what drove me to get their amps when I had some funds available 2 years ago to set up a modest HT build (audio can be a very expensive hobby, especially for someone with limited means!).  I purchased the 4B-ST and then an 8B-NRB on the used market, both of which had some problems, but which were fixed within 2 weeks at no cost by the repair department - that's a fantastic deal, especially considering the age of these amps.  Since then, they have performed pristinely and I am enjoying them every minute in my HT, bi-amping them to the B&W Matrix 801 series 2 - they have plenty of power to drive these speakers, and the sound is natural and involving.  Bryston's repair department is phenomenal - and you get to talk directly with the technician who is fixing your amp - which is usually unheard of these days!  In the future, when and if I had the resources to upgrade or looking for new components, Bryston would be at the top of my list.

That's cool, but there's some people that think Bryston isn't any good sound-wise. The Hell with them, what do they know?

vegasdave

« Reply #29 on: 5 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm »
Love the Bryston philosophy because they  actually stand behind their product for two decades.  They also dont play games and claim if you are not the original owner the warranty no longer applies.  Why should it make any difference who the owner is if the original warranty period is still in play?  Seems like a lot of manufacturers use that as an excuse not to stand behind their product. 

This is true...

gordon

« Reply #30 on: 12 Dec 2012, 03:27 am »
Curious why the Bryston website is not up to date with BDA2 etc?

mfig

« Reply #31 on: 1 Apr 2014, 06:41 pm »
You perhaps have heard this many times before, but you are going to hear it again;
I realize that it is the amazing service that Bryston has provided over the years that has contributed to your success, but to be able to do so continually deserves recognition. My bdp-1 has been problematic and an email to tech resulted in a telephone call from Chris while in Montreal, followed up by a 1.5 hour trouble shooting telephone call the next day. The most impressive thing about this service? Chris was to begin his vacation the moment our call ended.
To be able to foster this culture of exemplary service after so many years is incredible.
I wish you nothing but continued success and the highest praise for all your employees (and Chris in particular).

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #32 on: 1 Apr 2014, 06:54 pm »
You perhaps have heard this many times before, but you are going to hear it again;
I realize that it is the amazing service that Bryston has provided over the years that has contributed to your success, but to be able to do so continually deserves recognition. My bdp-1 has been problematic and an email to tech resulted in a telephone call from Chris while in Montreal, followed up by a 1.5 hour trouble shooting telephone call the next day. The most impressive thing about this service? Chris was to begin his vacation the moment our call ended.
To be able to foster this culture of exemplary service after so many years is incredible.
I wish you nothing but continued success and the highest praise for all your employees (and Chris in particular).

Thank you very much for your kind words - I will pass them along to all at Bryston. :thumb:

james

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #33 on: 3 Sep 2014, 08:36 pm »
I plan to use my bryston for not just one generation, but a lifetime.  :green: this is not some random stuff I'd purchase off eBay in a heartbeat . I buy a bryston and I live with it.

I'll try to stick around for another.. 50 years.   :icon_lol: by then I'll be 96.

Mbain

« Reply #34 on: 20 Dec 2014, 12:35 am »
Mr. Tanner,
     Today I spent several hours attempting to upgrade my BDP-'s firmware from 1.73 to 1.75 in preparation for the installation of manic Moose.  I had quite a time with this and ended up emailing Gary Dayton who eventually suggested that the difficulty I was experiencing would likely require manually flashing the BDP-1's CF card.  Although the instructions were provided as to how to accomplish this, I feel I lack the requisite knowledge and/or skill needed to get this done.  It is my feeling Bryston should providing their customers with new CF cards that would allow them to enjoy the benefits of Manic Moose as well as other upgrades likely to come in the future rather than having them risk the downside associated with attempting something for which they are not trained. 

Sincerely,
mbain

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #35 on: 20 Dec 2014, 12:56 am »
Mr. Tanner,
     Today I spent several hours attempting to upgrade my BDP-'s firmware from 1.73 to 1.75 in preparation for the installation of manic Moose.  I had quite a time with this and ended up emailing Gary Dayton who eventually suggested that the difficulty I was experiencing would likely require manually flashing the BDP-1's CF card.  Although the instructions were provided as to how to accomplish this, I feel I lack the requisite knowledge and/or skill needed to get this done.  It is my feeling Bryston should providing their customers with new CF cards that would allow them to enjoy the benefits of Manic Moose as well as other upgrades likely to come in the future rather than having them risk the downside associated with attempting something for which they are not trained. 

Sincerely,
mbain

HI

yes I can send you a new card if you are having issues upgrading - email me your shipping address please.

james
jamestanner@bryston.com

BrystonFan

« Reply #36 on: 22 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm »
Another example of the outstanding support provided by Bryston.

Still sitting on the fence and following these threads closely before jumping into the BDP2 arena.
(Haven't given up on a new BCD-2, that's a no brainier for me-just say the word)
 :thumb:

adeutsch

« Reply #37 on: 3 Jul 2015, 02:23 pm »
Has anyone with a Bryston ever heard of Robert Grodinsky Research?

bjski

« Reply #38 on: 3 Jul 2015, 06:11 pm »
Yes, back in the 80's I had an RGR preamp with my first 4B. Long time ago. Haven't heard anything sense then.

krbabu

« Reply #39 on: 28 Dec 2015, 11:49 am »
Dear James

This is babu from singapore , I finally sold my 4b SST2 here in singapore because of the issue with the board twice,  But now i am using (   Temporary)  Musical Fidelity M6 i

I really miss the Bryston , ...... The  Warmth and the  no fatigue sound from my Bryston 4B SST2 .    I was thinking of Buying the Merril Audio  Class D or the  ATSAH  Class D  Power amp , 

They say the future now is with Class D ,  Because it runs cool ,    So  Can i seek your opinion on the comment about Class D.  kindly let me know your opinion.

Thanks