Adire Audio - Vaza

MaxCast

Adire Audio - Vaza
« on: 26 Dec 2002, 07:33 pm »
This should be interesting...
from the Adire Audio site:
"COMING SOON: Vaza, the world's first all-analog 5.1 audiophile preamplifier.  Vaza marks Adire's entry into the audio electronics field.  Designed and built completely in-house, the Vaza preamplifier will be introduced  at the 2003 CES.  The Vaza includes multichannel and stereo inputs, center/surround/sub level adjustments, over 100 dB of volume adjustment range, and a proprietary and unique circuit topology which never runs the signal through potentiometers or switches."

DanWiggins

• Acoustic Development Inc.
Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #1 on: 26 Dec 2002, 08:05 pm »
No comment...;)

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2002, 03:22 am »
D'oh!  I was afraid you'd say something like that, Dan.  Don't keep us waiting too long!

MaxCast

Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2002, 02:07 pm »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
D'oh!  I was afraid you'd say something like that, Dan.  Don't keep us waiting too long!

I figured as much so I didn't even ask. :?
What is the date for CES anyway?

DanWiggins

Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #4 on: 29 Dec 2002, 02:14 am »
CES is January 9 - 12.  We'll have all details released then.  And we've already lined up a couple of reviews of the unit, and will talk with a few other members of the press about reviews later in Spring 2003.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

MaxCast

Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2003, 07:27 pm »

DanWiggins

Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2003, 11:53 pm »
Well, the show is over, and we had terrific response to the preamp.  LOTS of comments about it...  Nice and clean, great functionality, not loaded with extras, just a basic preamp that got out of the way of the music.

For those of you that know him, it even make Mike Knapp take a second listen to multichannel audio...:)  That and a great Allison Krause SACD recording, that is!

I know we have a couple of magazines lined up to review this item...  We'll release more details as soon as we can, but for now it looks like it's going to be a very popular item.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

rosconey

Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2003, 01:08 am »
man that looks sweet.
great price also
is it rack mount only or does it have feet

DanWiggins

Adire Audio - Vaza
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jan 2003, 05:33 pm »
Quote from: rosconey
man that looks sweet.
great price also
is it rack mount only or does it have feet

Rack mount with feet.  So you can stack it on other gear, or mount it in a rack.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio