New brief product descriptions for 5-CHerry and 2-CHerry

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Here's a new 2-part description I wrote as a reply to a customer who wanted to know what the 5-CHerry was all about.  Please let me know what you think.  Did I miss anything?  Should anything be left out?

The 5-CHerry has a 1000W+ power supply for all five channels, and the power is only consumed by the channels as needed.  The non-active channels (input is "quiet" for more than 8 minutes) automatically sleep, so you never need to turn the amp off.  They wake up immediately when audio returns.

All 5-CHerry channels are capable of 400W into 4Ω. THD+N is 0.002%, and SNR is 118dB.  Bandwidth is 100kHz.  Output impedance is 0.016Ω wide-band.  x-Cherry amps are DC coupled and true balanced end-to-end.  The design is tweaked for sound quality above all else.  The design philosophy is simple: sonic transparency. The 5-CHerry is also compact and lightweight (14" x 9" x 5", <12 lbs).
« Last Edit: 17 Apr 2020, 08:06 pm by AmpDesigner333 »

AmpDesigner333

• Industry Participant
  • Detailed AND Musical
    • Digital Amplifier Company
Re: New brief product descriptions for 5-CHerry and 2-CHerry
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2020, 08:10 pm »
For the 2-CHerry specifically:

The 2-Cherry has a 1000W+ power supply driving both channels, and power is only consumed by each channel as needed.  This amp has channel independent auto-sleep.  When an input is "quiet" for more than 8 minutes, the corresponding channel automatically sleeps, so you never need to turn the amp off.  The channels wake up immediately when audio returns.

Both 2-CHerry channels are capable of 400W into 4Ω. THD+N is 0.002%, and SNR is 118dB.  Bandwidth is 100kHz.  Output impedance is 0.016Ω wide-band.  All x-Cherry amps (2-CHerry, 3-CHerry, 4-CHerry, and 5-CHerry) are DC coupled and true balanced end-to-end.  The design is tweaked for sound quality above all else.  The design philosophy is simple: sonic transparency. The 2-CHerry is also compact and lightweight (14" x 9" x 5", <12 lbs).