Uncut Gems

WGH

Uncut Gems
« on: 25 Feb 2020, 12:31 am »
Adam Sandler is terrific in Uncut Gems as the most annoying character he has ever played (and that is saying a lot) in a movie that is the most frenetic and annoying film I have ever watched, the soundtrack was even annoying, it was like the Safdie brother's were actually trying to make an unwatchable film. Interesting but I can't say it was any fun.

stlrman

Re: Uncut Gems
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2020, 12:01 am »
Cool , I can’t wait to see this on Netflix!! 😏
It has 92% critics and only a 52% audience.
I’m still psyched to see it .

deadhead

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2020, 12:51 am »
We saw it in a theater.  My wife wanted to walk out after 1/2 hour.  I made her stay.  I was so conflicted when I left.  It was an emotional rollercoaster and uncomfortable to watch the whole way through.  I thought Sandler did a great job and I'm no fan of his. 

AKLegal

« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2020, 02:17 am »
Yeah it was cacophony, just people yelling and absolutely no nuance.  Several couples walked out of the theater when I saw it.  The ending made the entire movie  feel like a waste of time and yet it was exactly what I wanted to happen because there were no likeable characters aside from the girlfriend.

stlrman

« Reply #4 on: 23 Apr 2020, 02:25 am »
I loved the movie . I look forward to see the other Safdie brothers’ movie .
Goodtime has a 91% and is streaming on Netflix.

“After a botched bank robbery lands his younger brother in prison, Constantine Nikas (Robert Pattinson) embarks on a twisted odyssey through New York City's underworld in an increasingly desperate-and dangerous-attempt to get his brother out of jail. Over the course of one adrenalized night, Constantine finds himself on a mad descent into violence and mayhem as he races against the clock to save his brother and himself, knowing their lives hang in the balance.”

Bigdaddyrockstar

« Reply #5 on: 23 Apr 2020, 04:05 am »
OMG-watching the life of Howard...worse than any drop on any roller coaster Ive ever been on. I'm still recovering! Gonna be a while before I can jump on Goodtime. Already tried.

People don't like Uncut Gems for the very reasons that make it a great movie.

ajzepp

« Reply #6 on: 23 Apr 2020, 05:10 am »
I really like the Safdie bros stuff, especially Good Time, but yeah...this one gave me a headache. Sandler did a great job acting, but truly the most annoying film I've ever seen.