Opinions wanted - Emotiva ERC-3 CD player

abanks8

Opinions wanted - Emotiva ERC-3 CD player
« on: 1 Jan 2015, 05:38 pm »
In the market for a new CD player; looking hard at the Emotiva ERC-3.  Anyone hear care to share their experience with Emotiva products or offer an opinion on whether this would be a good purchase?
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2015, 06:45 pm by abanks8 »

rodge827

Re: Opinions wanted - Emotiva ERC-3 CD player
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2015, 03:01 am »
I have not heard it, but a very close friend who has a major high end single ended full range rig has.
A friend brought one over and he was very impressed with the sound quality. Said he could live with it, and recommended that I take a serious look at one if I was in the market.
His digital front end is all high $ Audio Note that he custom modded with BG caps and such. 

Try it and take advantage of the return policy if necessary.

JCS

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jan 2015, 12:39 am »
I purchased an ERC-3 (gen 2) last August.  I think the audio quality is excellent!  And it's built like a tank.  On my unit, the CD drive is not as quiet as I would like.  I measure 52 dB right in front of the CD drawer; this compares with way too low to measure on my old Denon CDP and 60 dB right in front of the CD/DVD slot on my Mac computer.  It seems that some of the ERC-3's have this mechanical noise issue, while others do not.  I decided not to bother sending mine back, as I am so pleased with the audio quality.  Another guy on the Emo forum reported that he returned his for replacement; the new unit was also noisy; he was offered a refund, but decided to keep the ERC-3 anyway.

Cheers,  Jim

abanks8

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2015, 03:01 am »
Thanks for the replies.  After reading several reviews and postings on other forums, I've decided to take the plunge and order the ERC-3. 

rodge827

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2015, 04:19 am »
:thumb:

Keep us posted on your thoughts.